PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of brain tumour

LiziJenks
19-02-16, 21:55
I have had a dull headache for a few weeks now, on and off. Today whilst out I had a sudden headache that felt like someone had just hit me! I immediately panicked and assumed that was it I was going to die. I took some paracetamol which seemed to settle it but I had to sleep it off, I couldn't do anything else.

I am so scared this is something more serious! Should I insist on an Mri scan? I always seem to be at the doctors but it's the only way I get comfort :weep:

Thanks

John_Daryl
19-02-16, 22:30
I had this two years ago it felt like id been shot in the side of the head. They said it was a migraine.

Gary A
19-02-16, 23:08
A headache caused by a brain tumour certainly wouldn't ease off after a few paracetamol.

Fishmanpa
19-02-16, 23:10
A headache caused by a brain tumour certainly wouldn't ease off after a few paracetamol.

Exactly....

Positive thoughts

Jinaiya
20-02-16, 01:27
I have had a dull headache for a few weeks now, on and off. Today whilst out I had a sudden headache that felt like someone had just hit me! I immediately panicked and assumed that was it I was going to die. I took some paracetamol which seemed to settle it but I had to sleep it off, I couldn't do anything else.

I am so scared this is something more serious! Should I insist on an Mri scan? I always seem to be at the doctors but it's the only way I get comfort :weep:

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. I've had a headache for 3 months that's now localized to the right side for the last 3 weeks. I've also had vertigo and tinnitus for the last month. These symptoms never go away. I wake up to them and go to bed with them. Dying sucks.

For awhile I believed the headache to be hormones since it started two days after the birth of my daughter, but once the other symptoms started I became afraid. I'm now certain it's an acoustic neuroma but because I've suffered from health anxiety before, I can't fully rule that out either...

I've been to the doctors twice and dismissed. No one believes me. It's scary waiting to die. I figure/hope it won't be much much longer before it progresses so someone will take me seriously.

I hope in your case it's nothing. Tumours are very rarely a cause of headache on its own. It'd be far more likely to present other symptoms too.

Wishing you the best.