PDA

View Full Version : little green square

peach
01-03-07, 05:29
can i just ask, what does the little green square near our names mean? when i roll my curser over it it says that im on a distinguishes road...what does that mean?
sorry if this has already been answered...i did look, perhaps badly..

Ross
01-03-07, 06:09
can i just ask, what does the little green square near our names mean? when i roll my curser over it it says that im on a distinguishes road...what does that mean?
sorry if this has already been answered...i did look, perhaps badly..

Hi Peach. Its a system whereby you can add or reduce someones 'reputation'. If you find someones reply particuarly helpful or particuarly bad, you can add or remove 10points from their score. To do this, click the 'weighing scales' at the top right of the post box. It will flash up a window where you choose to add or reduce, and then you give a reason for your decision.

It's a feature which is particuarly helpful to forums where there is an easy differencial between great and poor advice, so it shows future users if the person replying is a good contributor or a bad contributor.

Obviously with NMP, reponses to posts are offered on so many different levels so its not as clear-cut, and as a result, the 'reputation' feature doesnt get used quite so much.

Hope this helps

Ross

peach
01-03-07, 07:02
thnx for that!, very helpful to know....does the #1 next to my scale mean my current score?
can it go into the minuses if im really horrible?:sofa:
lol..

kind regards,
peach

nomorepanic
01-03-07, 13:13
Peach

The #1 means you have the first post in the thread. This number increases with each new post.

louwilliams
25-01-08, 16:07
so how do you know how many points you have?

weeble40
25-01-08, 16:33
just when i though i had the hang of this forum thing lol now am really confused, but i will sus it one day

Take Care all

Emma xx

yorkylover
25-01-08, 16:37
I didnt know any of this!!!!!:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

nomorepanic
25-01-08, 19:51
so how do you know how many points you have?

Click on your User CP and it will tell you :D

Ronny
11-06-10, 01:37
gee,I did'nt think I was that bad,my reputation is awfull,Where are the razor blades,Oh well such is life:D

maxine
11-06-10, 11:09
Where on the user Cp? I've been looking.. for curiosity sake of course and I can't see anything that says points?

I'm a nosey bugger me lol

Oh thank for the OP for asking this.. i was wondering too but never got around to asking! lol

nomorepanic
11-06-10, 20:46
Click on user control panel and scroll down to the bottom.

Here is a pic of mine:

So I have a reputation of 68

nomorepanic
11-06-10, 20:47
Ronny - was yours really that bad? Have you disabled it now?

Please don't get hung up on this it doesn't really mean much to be honest.

ladybird64
11-06-10, 20:57
Ronny I disable mine ages ago, I hate forum features like this , especially on a forum like NMP!

It's used on another forum that I use and has turned into something like the Eurovision where friends award each other points and don't give squat to those that they don't like.

Maybe I'm just too sensitive to take any rejection :winks:

nomorepanic
11-06-10, 22:29
I am not sure I can turn it off Ladybird. But I agree it is meaningless

Ronny
11-06-10, 22:59
Hi Nic and Ladybird,No I'm not bothered by the points.I just have a bit of a chuckle,I know I am a good person,just a bit different that's all.Thankyou both xx
Rhonda x:D

maxine
13-06-10, 18:07
I found out why I don't have a reputation... I don't have one lol Dunno if that's good or bad but hey ho lol

KK77
13-06-10, 21:04
I found out why I don't have a reputation... I don't have one lol Dunno if that's good or bad but hey ho lol

Best not to have a reputation on here Max. Gave up on mine years ago :D

ElizabethJane
13-06-10, 22:07
Dear Maxine it is all as load of rubbish . You are a valuable member of the forum and I said so!

KK77
13-06-10, 22:15
Dear Maxine it is all as load of rubbish . You are a valuable member of the forum and I said so!

Here here! ;)

Milla
23-12-13, 09:58
What do all the arrows mean to the right of the thread name???

nomorepanic
23-12-13, 11:15
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=132932

Milla
23-12-13, 13:11
Thanks!