PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

ella32
20-02-16, 09:18
I am a sufferer of severe health anxiety mostly around heart I get chest pain all the time I've had stress test done 3 weeks ago and it was fine but what I'm asking is does anyone get pressure in their chest . Having it today and even though stress test normal I'm still thinking something wrong with heart . Anyone have any experience or advice please

ella32
20-02-16, 13:51
Anyone.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

Anyone please really struggling with it

lavendar
20-02-16, 14:03
I think this can be a typical symptom of stress/anxiety? I experience tightness when I'm having a particularly hard time with anxiety....

Gary A
20-02-16, 15:52
Ella, with all due respect, you ask this exact question at least once per week. The answer will always be the same. You've had plenty of diagnostic testing and all is well with your heart.

You need to deal with your anxiety and stop obsessing over your heart, there is clearly nothing wrong physically.

Fishmanpa
20-02-16, 16:24
From three weeks ago...

Hi I had a stress test done on Tuesday. The doc has a quick look at results and said everything fine and chest pain not cardiac .

Positive thoughts

ella32
22-02-16, 17:05
The hardest part of this is I still doubt that my heart is fine. I get the strangest feelings in my chest which make me panic and that's what I'm struggling with at the moment. I can feel all sorts of pains or popping or sensations in chest which automatically mean heart to me. I'm doing cbt and since I started it this has gotten worse . How do I accept that my heart is fine and these chest symptoms aren't anything bad.

Scaredme
22-02-16, 17:18
I can't tell you how to accept that your heart is fine. I have the same problem with doubting what the doctors are telling me. However, you can try to "play" with your mind.

Try to focus all your thoughts for one other limb on your body. Let's select your pinky toe. Look at it, and really feel it. When I do this, I can get a tinkling sensation in it, and almost call for pain.

Imagine if what you are doing, is subconsciously doing this with your heart.

Does it make sense?

Gary A
22-02-16, 17:59
The hardest part of this is I still doubt that my heart is fine. I get the strangest feelings in my chest which make me panic and that's what I'm struggling with at the moment. I can feel all sorts of pains or popping or sensations in chest which automatically mean heart to me. I'm doing cbt and since I started it this has gotten worse . How do I accept that my heart is fine and these chest symptoms aren't anything bad.

The 'pains' and sensations that you feel are probably just the same regular old things we ALL feel on a daily basis, but because you're literally obsessed with your heart, you are putting this all down to some of kind of problem with it.

Your heart is fine, you've probably had more tests than 99% of the population.

ella32
22-02-16, 18:06
That probably true. I just can't seem to shake it. My cbt last said this is going to get worse before it gets better but I don't know how much more I can take. Panic attacks are back on top of everything else.

ItsNick
22-02-16, 18:35
I feel bad for you but it really does sound like your heart is fine. The Doctor's would've alerted you if they had ANY concern at all. I think you need to work on your anxiety problem and I only say that because I need to do the same thing.

I hope you feel better.