PDA

View Full Version : My Heart Flutters!!

balisugar
01-03-07, 07:45
Hi there, I know there are loads of posts on here about palpitations but I wondered if anybody ever experiences their heart fluttering. Over the weekend i noticed my heart just started fluttering i.e. beating really fast and irregular for a few seconds then going back to normal again. Very frightening!

I wasn't doing anything in particular either, once was holding my friends baby and then the next day it was when i was shopping. I had to cough to make it stop. Why does this happen its scary and makes me continually think there is something wrong with my heart. I have had two ECGs in the past, they have come back clear but I always think well maybe thats becuase nothing happened while i was wearing them.

Does anybody else get the fluttering at all??

nell1965
01-03-07, 09:16
Hi
Yep, i used to get it quite often, i used to really worry about it till i noticed with me it was always caused by wind, and when i brought wind up it went away (coughing used to make it go away too), and when my reflux was bad i used to get it too. It doesnt feel like palpitations it feels like 2 fingers tapping against your chest very fast, lol.... i hope that makes sense cause it looks pretty stupid when i see it in words. If you have had 2 normal ecg's im sure its not anything seriously wrong with your heart. Ive had it loads and never had an ecg, i always found it strange that even when my health anxiety was at its peak i was never frightened of heart problems (it was the only part of me i didnt worry about!). Hope this helps