PDA

View Full Version : Ear problems - anyone else?

LilGsMama
20-02-16, 15:47
I've been having ear problems for past few months.. it started with pain, which was quite intense for a while. Then I got a crazy itch right inside my ear, almost going into my throat.

Whilst experiencing this, I started with tinnitus!

I'm still experiencing the tinnitus, also clicking sounds sometimes which I get in both ears. My GP and ENT aren't concerned, ENT gave me a hearing aid for mild loss and the tinnitus in my left ear but other than that could offer no information as to why I had any of my ear issues, which hasn't helped my HA - I feel I need an explanation to help me move on.

Does anyone else experience ear probs? :)

anxious_thoughts
20-02-16, 16:00
Hi!

I always have ear problems but I've never brought it up to my doctor before.
Just like you, I sometimes get a itchiness in my ear that almost goes into my throat too. I've also have a bit of pain every now and then.

But what really bothers me is the tinnitus! I'm in my room right now in silence and all I hear is a hissing sound. It's constant too, I've had this for years. If I really pay attention to it it sounds really loud and it makes me anxious. It sometimes worries me because every time I swallow my ears click. Sometimes one of my ears will noticeably get clogged too. So weird!

If you have been to an ENT and they are not worried about anything than I wouldn't be worried either! I've heard that sometimes you can have ear problems especially when you've had a lot of ear infections as a child. I remember getting them but I can't remember how often they were.
Take care! Xx

mourningdove
20-02-16, 18:42
I've had this ear itch throat thing my whole life. I do this mega annoying thing where I tense my palette and make a clicking noise with my throat to itch it and it drives anyone else in the room insane

LilGsMama
20-02-16, 20:15
Jennclark - do you have your tinnitus in both ears? Mine is left but every now and then "nips" over to the right!

Mourningdove - I tried everything! Now I only seem to get the tickle if I have a little weep :ohmy:

My GP used the words "Medical Mystery Woman" a couple of months back.. starting to think she was right!

:unsure:

anxious_thoughts
22-02-16, 15:43
It's definitely in both of my ears. However, I think it's louder in my left ear

LilGsMama
22-02-16, 20:23
It's definitely in both of my ears. However, I think it's louder in my left ear

I use my hearing aid when it feels loud, but then it appears in my right! Aid is helpful though, even if my left ear just gets a break for a bit xxxxx

PollyJ
05-04-16, 18:28
Me too. I've always had a bit of ringing but not really noticed it, then a couple of years ago I woke up deaf on one side and ringing much more. Had all the tests and told no problem, given sprays, balloons etc. but nothing seems to help. It caused a really bad panic time when I was convinced it was due to a tumour. Don't have that now, but my ears are constantly feeling full and 'shut in', my nose blocked up and I have this ringing mostly in one ear, which got worse again a few weeks ago when I had a similar bit deaf thing. It has really spiked my anxiety again and I can't stop focusing on it and worry I'll go nuts or something. Actually the anxiety is probably worse! It's good to know others have the same thing though.

Buster70
05-04-16, 19:44
Hi , me to with the tinnitus damaged my ears using power tools when younger , mine seems to get worse when my anxiety is bad or maybe I just notice it more , I've downloaded a free rain app that I put on at night on a timer that helps if you don't like the sound of rain there are others white noise , oceans etc , if you have an old smart phone they are great for free apps to help with anxiety or not sleeping , take care

fishman65
29-12-19, 16:50
Thought I'd bump this up as I'm having similar problems with my right ear. I had problems with both ears in March 2016, got them syringed and the problem was solved. However about a week ago I noticed some distortion in the right ear. Saw the nurse who said both ear drums were clear, was told to stop using the olive oil. Now today it feels worse again, stood in Tesco pharmacy and the noise of all the people was echoing and distorted. Also some pain in that ear while on my walk this morning. The anxiety is loving it.