PDA

View Full Version : Something to keep in mind when you feel overwhelmed with HA

mourningdove
20-02-16, 18:32
So, lately I've been struggling with HA; mainly with having difficulty telling the difference between if my symptoms are due to anxiety, or something more sinister. My brother used to struggle real hard with HA, and I called him Thursday night in tears. And some of the things he said to me helped so much I thought I'd share. In particular:

"Your brain is now aware that it can process stress as physical symptoms. That is how your brain has learned it can cope."

Every notice how as soon as you find a pattern in your symptoms or are distracted they stop? Yeah. Your brain now knows it cannot process stress that way since you're privy to it.

You may be thinking "well, duh, Carly, we all knew that." and that's fine. But that helped me a lot. And I hope there's someone who will read this that hasn't thought about it before like that and will get a lightbulb from reading this post. So, long story short, your brain is frickin' incredible. And it's kinda a pain in the butt sometimes. But being mindful that your symptoms are anxiety is so important. Don't deny them. Rather, except that they are real and are caused by your anxiety.