PDA

View Full Version : Swollen muscle

Bakebeansrule
20-02-16, 20:14
Hi sorry it's me again

I posted a couple of weeks ago about a pulled muscle near my ribs. It's started to feel better again and I've not noticed it to much the last week or so. What I have noticed though Is a small almost fatty lump on my right side on my ribs. If I touch it or squeeze it a little it's sore and a little achey and I have to push quite hard to feel it. The thing is I've asked my partner to feel this lump but he assures me it's not there and both sides feel the same.

My question is do you think it's possible my anxiety is making me feel this 'lump' that isn't there or is it possible it is just the muscle I've pulled that's a little swollen?

half-empty
20-02-16, 20:47
Wow I've just started with rib pains again. I have no idea what they are. I too hope it's just a muscle. There are an awful lot of little muscles around your ribs. Try not to poke it for a few days, I know poking and prodding can make these little aches far worse and hang around for longer. As for the lump I have no idea, trust your partner when he says they are the same xx

MyNameIsTerry
21-02-16, 05:05
I've had muscle knots and pinched nerves between my ribs. I couldn't take a deep breath due to restriction and tenderness. I found they always takes a couple of days and just disappear but they aren't very pleasant.

Bakebeansrule
22-02-16, 20:51
Thanks for your replies. I'm sure I've just got a pulled muscle and my anxiety is making it worse. It's been much better the last couple of days, I had a Drs appointment tomorrow which I cancelled today as I felt better and now I've had a few twinges in my side. It's almost like having that appointment makes me feel safe which proves its anxiety and I'm not going to let it beat me