PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of mice

cmore
20-02-16, 22:52
Hi! I'm brand new to this page. In fact, I've never been part of any support group. I have a debilitating fear of mice. It's been a problem for years, but since August, I've become a single parent and it has become necessary for me to go back to work. I love my new job, but yesterday, I found lots of mouse droppings. I had someone remove everything from the cabinet, I vacuumed and replaced everything. But knowing I have to go back Monday and face this problem is frightening me!
Any advice?

Theophania
20-02-16, 22:58
Hi cmore, phobias are so tough. The only advice I have is to perhaps seek counselling for your condition? As far as I know the most successful treatment for phobias is exposure therapy. It may be that with having to be exposed to the reality of coming in contact with a mouse at work might just help you to overcome this fear. However I would say that if it gets to a point where you are avoiding work you should definitely think about seeing a psychologist.

venusbluejeans
20-02-16, 22:58
Hiya cmore and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Fishmanpa
21-02-16, 15:15
We have mice in the workplace as well (despite pest control). I've found mouse droppings on my desk and I keep my office quite organized and clean. I just keep a couple of humane traps around (caught 3 this year). No biggie.

Positive thoughts