PDA

View Full Version : Continuous headache 8 weeks and counting

Danielle19850
21-02-16, 10:40
Hi all,

So I've always suffered with anxiety and it does come in big doom bouts when it hits me, I seen to latch on to an idea of something and the worst case outcome and worry intensely about it for weeks or months on end. I have dealt with this for many years now and even though I find it hard I just dealt with it each day as it came.

However recently my anxiety has seemed fixated on my health and even as I am writing this I'm still not convinced that my symptoms are due to anxiety.
It started last year and I noticed an ache in my breast - I worried over that for about two months - than I noticed a pain in my pelvis and abdomen which would switch from side to side but eventually it became constant on the left hand side, I went to my g.p - I had blood tests ran, an ultrasound, physical examinations, an X-ray and then had numerous visits to a physiotherapist. This did help and the pain began to ease around oct.
The 18th Dec 2015 I noticed that I had had a headache all day - then this didn't change and hasn't changed since. I can't recall a moment that I have been without this ache in my head. I went to my g.p was told it sounded like a tension headache and off on my way. I went back because no pain reliever was helping and so I was told I had acute sinusitis, I was sent for an eye test and an optical vision test and both were ok, I also had a blood test which showed slight inflammation (don't know where from for definite but most likely the sinus) I was given antibiotics and signed off work for 3 weeks. I returned to work and although the headaches were still there I was able to go about my day fine and even felt in a better state of mind.
Then I was late (again on my period) and the week I was ovualting the intense headache came back and has been back for a full week now. I had pains in my left shoulder, arm and under my breast which sparked another visit to the g.p, she didn't check me over just told me to now keep a diary and then they would take it from there.
Now I know worrying can make these headaches worse but am in a constant loop of headache -worry - worse headache - more worry - emotional wreck.

Could this all be another bout of anxiety? I know many of you understand the feeling I'm talking about when I say I just feel like it's a cloud that flows me around every single day and I feel like I have to give it my full attention. I am genuinely worried that this is more of a serious condition but my g.p doe not seem concerned at all.
Has anyone else suffered with headaches like this as a result of anxiety?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and offer any advice to this.
Xx

mourningdove
21-02-16, 15:10
Hi there Danielle:)

Headaches are absolutely, without a doubt, 100% one of the most common ways anxiety can manifest itself! Also, antibiotics can definitely cause unsavory side effects (even though they are of course necessary!). I was on amoxicillin for about a week over the summer and I remember my gut flora was completely wiped out; I got a (TMI I know) yeast infection, and my stomach was a disaster. I was eating miso soup and soy yogurt like it was my job.
Also, I'd be willing to say you could be a little stressed from missing your period! You can totally miss your period or delay it due to stress, and maybe that caused a bit of stress to you too.

Basically, I think you are totally healthy but could use a nice massage and a bubble bath :)

Hang in there!

Danielle19850
21-02-16, 15:30
Thanks for your reply Mourningdove.
I'm hoping it's just another bout of anxiety and the headache is something I've latched onto to worry about.
Feel like I'm all over the place with it. Can't stand the feeling anxiety brings ��

X

Sparkling_Fairy
21-02-16, 19:29
I had daily headaches for weeks with my anxiety! I would wake up with one every single morning. Realized after a while it was related to jaw clenching at night which I did due to tensing up my body from anxiety. My teeth starting feeling really sensitive and I got mouth ulcers every few weeks.
I don't know if you notice any changes in your mouth, but it could all be down to jaw clenching. Other than that your neck and shoulder muscles are probably pretty tense too from anxiety which can cause headaches

shirlp
22-02-16, 01:31
I've had headaches for about 6-8 weeks now. I had a sinus infection which was treated, but I've still got headaches usually in the bk and over the top of my head, I feel my neck is tense too.. I've been checked over by the Dr all seems fine, I've had a eye test, which was fine. So I'm guessing the drs r right and its anxiety. Doesn't help wen it feels like my head is gonna pop..