PDA

View Full Version : Massive anxiety over what I did last night?

sadtimes
21-02-16, 15:46
So I got very very drunk with these people I didn't really know that well, and a couple of friends. The night was going well until I drunkenly accidentally called someone the wrong name, I called him Steve which is someone from his friend group, which p*ssed this guy off so much (not sure why really) but they were making fun of me all night roasting me for it. Like I was the butt of jokes for the whole night, and it's going to be so awkward in the next few days. I'm feeling super anxious about it it's so embarrassing

swgrl09
21-02-16, 15:48
I understand what it's like to regret something you did when drunk ... I'm sure a lot of us do!! Sometimes you just have to roll with it. Honestly, if it angered the guy so much - that's more his own issue, not yours.

If it makes you feel any better, a lot of people have done MUCH more regrettable things after a night of drinking than call somebody the wrong name. I'm sure some of those people have themselves.

Oosh
21-02-16, 16:42
It'll probably be different when you're all sober. Have a laugh about it with them then I'm sure it'll be old news. It'll be someone else's turn for something else next time. Don't take it personally. "People having a laugh" not "people laughing at me".

TalkTonight
21-02-16, 19:17
Hi sadtimes

I've been in your position countless times.

Unless you've committed a serious crime don't pay it any mind. People behave in silky ways when they drink. Big deal. The whole world seems to be queueing up to be offended.

Seriously. Forget about it. Not worth your time.