PDA

View Full Version : Citropolam advice please

anxious1
21-02-16, 17:36
Started on 10mg for three weeks to build myself up. Then for the last six days have been on 20mg, can honestly say i havent felt worse. I can barely keep my eyes open. My arms legsand my teeth keep chattering as soon as i put them together and stomach are twitching and jerking quite strongly and i just dont feel well. Is this normal or am i having a bad reaction. My eyes are stinging too. I am so scared something bad is happening. Have taken two 2mg diazapam . Which have done very little

Mozie
22-02-16, 02:11
It could be a side effect of the citalopram and they can cause anxiety as well Asian other thing I'd either speak to a pharmacist or ring your gp and ask to speak to a doctor, if you are ready worried you could also ring your local a&e and they tell you aswell

It may calm down eventually but I know it's not nice feeling like that I've been on them about 4 years or so now and had a few funny things when I first started but normally it does ease off amd thing get backup normal

MyNameIsTerry
22-02-16, 04:47
I started straight on 20mg the first time when I had my breakdown - within days I was much worse.

If you noticed this started very soon after taking a med, I would put it down to the med. They can also increase existing anxiety/depression so it makes it feel even worse.

My experience of 2 meds now has been they make me far worse than my anxiety ever did.

The dose takes about 5 X the half life which is 35 hours for Citalopram. Until you reach that point you won't be reaching "steady-state" in your blood plasma (as much going in as coming out) and I think this makes it a rocky experience for some. After this you will be receiving a steady dose at 20mg but some people find that first week hard too.

I found with mine it started decreasing at week 3 and by week 5 I was over it all.

anxious1
22-02-16, 10:44
It could be a side effect of the citalopram and they can cause anxiety as well Asian other thing I'd either speak to a pharmacist or ring your gp and ask to speak to a doctor, if you are ready worried you could also ring your local a&e and they tell you aswell

It may calm down eventually but I know it's not nice feeling like that I've been on them about 4 years or so now and had a few funny things when I first started but normally it does ease off amd thing get backup normal

Thanks for the reply. I suppose it is a case of just mustering through

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

I started straight on 20mg the first time when I had my breakdown - within days I was much worse.

If you noticed this started very soon after taking a med, I would put it down to the med. They can also increase existing anxiety/depression so it makes it feel even worse.

My experience of 2 meds now has been they make me far worse than my anxiety ever did.

The dose takes about 5 X the half life which is 35 hours for Citalopram. Until you reach that point you won't be reaching "steady-state" in your blood plasma (as much going in as coming out) and I think this makes it a rocky experience for some. After this you will be receiving a steady dose at 20mg but some people find that first week hard too.

I found with mine it started decreasing at week 3 and by week 5 I was over it all.

Thanks Terry. Reply really helps. Been really worried i have mnd, just cant seem to shake it

anxiousrob
22-02-16, 11:06
I didn't last long on Citalopram, I couldn't concentrate, was tired and above all my anxiety went sky high.... sol I came off after about two months.... Go see the GP and ask to try another if your not happy, im on Sertraline now and feel loads better

venusbluejeans
22-02-16, 12:51
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Jaysmd
22-02-16, 14:02
The side effects will continue. I'm nearly at 4 weeks and have a lot of what you describe. They say somewhere between the 4 and 6 week mark things improve. So I'm guessing that means less intense side effects too

wal_cott
28-02-16, 01:11
I am on week four now and my side effects have been relatively mild. I had the sleepiness and yawning but that all wore off the third week. The only side effect I have now is constipation (hahaha). Your symptoms should definitely be decreasing soon.