PDA

View Full Version : Bowel cancer fear

tmgz
22-02-16, 05:56
First of all, I'm 16 years old. I've had people in this forum tell me I'm too young to have HA. But to be honest I'm tired of people telling me I'm too young! :/

It all started about a month ago when I had blood in stool, constipation, abdominal pain and some weight loss. I went to the doctor and I had a blood test, stool analysis and ultrasound made. This wole time between the tests was a nightmare because of my anxiety. My blood test came back normal (no anemia), the ultrasound was normal as well and my stool analysis too (this stool test was a 7 day stool culture, and in the results all it says it's that I don't have parasites, I fear that they didn't check for occult blood - would it say it in the result if they had found blood cells? or are they different procedures? :weep:)

After all those analysis came back normal, my anxiety went down and I started feeling normal again until yesterday. I had blood in my stool again, it was a red streak on the toilet water, bright red drops on the toilet bowl and red blood covering/mixed with the stool. It happened 3 times and it stopped for now. I'm startin to panic again. Also I can really feel my neck lymph nodes (but I've been able to feel them for more than a year now). I'm really scared of having bowel cancer :( I have another appointment at the doctor in 2 days, but until then I can't really stop thinking about this..

TryingToOvercome
22-02-16, 09:33
I've read around this also and from what I gather bowel cancer presents with dark blood and makes stools appear tar like.

I'm certainly no Doctor (or even slightly medically qualified), so I would most certainly get a professional opinion. For what it's worth, it sounds like you could have had piles or created a slight tear (from constipation etc.)

Hopefully your Dr appointment goes swimmingly!

WiseMonkey
22-02-16, 09:46
Yes, I agree, it could be an anal fissure which can be painful as well. Crohn's can also cause bleeding.

When you see the Dr ask for a colonoscopy, which should give you some answers, please let us know the outcome.

I've had rectal bleeding before and it causes so much anxiety.

MyNameIsTerry
22-02-16, 10:00
There is no such thing as being too young for an anxiety disorder. Anxiety doesn't care about age. What people probably mean is that as a 16 year old they feel sorry that you are experiencing this, yet in reality anxiety is probably presenting more in younger people these days anyway.

Blood in your stool on the paper can very likely be roids. You mentioned constipation which raises the possibility of roids and how you may have been straining.

You can feel your neck lymph nodes? So, can everyone one else. A GP is trained to inspect them when they are normal size and dependent on how you press, where and with your head in certain positions, you will always be able to feel them.

Fishmanpa
22-02-16, 12:37
First of all, I'm 16 years old. I've had people in this forum tell me I'm too young to have HA. But to be honest I'm tired of people telling me I'm too young! :/

You're certainly not too young to have HA but you're certainly too young to be suffering from it! From what I read, only one person said that and I believe the intent was that same as mine. I would definitely lean to being too young for bowel cancer as you'd be a case study if you did have it at your age. It certainly sounds like a fissure or hemmie as bright red blood is an indicator.

As one old enough to be your father and having a daughter that suffers from depression and anxiety, it pains me to no end to see the sheer numbers of young people on these forums that suffer as they do. Maybe you can speak to your doctor or parents about this? Show them your threads and ask for help in dealing with your thoughts and fears.

Positive thoughts

asus15
22-02-16, 14:58
I've had people in this forum tell me I'm too young to have HA. But to be honest I'm tired of people telling me I'm too young! :

I've had it since i was 8 so trust me you're not. Anxiety comes in at any age sadly