PDA

View Full Version : Rectal Bleed

jarmummy123
22-02-16, 13:50
Hi

10 days ago I had a rectal bleed, after being constipated. It was on the paper and bright red. None since. I thought my HA wouldnt get the better of me but now I dread going to the loo. I am worried its a cancer sign. I had a normal colonoscopy in April 2014. I am going to go to the Drs this week as I hadn't been yet. MY bottom feels sore after going to the loo though.

I am starting to get myself worked up...........

asus15
22-02-16, 14:50
If it's bright red then it's hemroids or a fissure from the constipation. It's nothing to be concerned with. Black tar like stools are though.

Broomers
22-02-16, 17:40
I bled for about a year everytime I went to the toilet. It always left me feeling swollen & sore went to doc after examination said it was a fissure & gave me movicol sachets to soften my stools & also a cream to apply to help it heal. If the blood is bright red on the stools/toilet roll then it's fresh. It did heal but now I have hemroids & they bleed also & are very uncomfortable.

Allochka
22-02-16, 18:35
I had it once many years ago, my husband also had it. Ee both are fine rectally-wise :-)
Clean colonoscopy in 2014 guarantees you no worries until at least 2019 (they are usually done 5 years apart).

AlexandriaUK
22-02-16, 21:19
If there was bleeding from bowel cancer now I'm sure there would have been at least a few polyps in 2014 with colonoscopy, as you said you were constipated then forcing the issue puts a strain on the rectum and that will cause bleeding from either a tear, rectal fissures or piles