PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and bladder spasms

damo123ie
22-02-16, 14:24
Hi there. I'm a new user of this forum. I'm a 39 year old male. I do have a history of OCD and Health Anxiety compulsions. Been no sign of the HA for 3 years now and have lived and active and fun lifestyle.

November and December was a stressful time for me. I noticed an increase in my urinary frequency and since January I have totally OCD-ed on this. My whole day is built around tuning into my bladder, recording the time and number of times I pee. My only symptom is urge incontinuence and since my anxiety has increased this has gotten worse.

I went to my doctor and he ran blood and urine culture tests. All came back normal. He did a prostate exam in his clinic and said from that he did not think it was enlarged nor inflammed. He put it down to a mild case of overactive bladder.

I did cut out caffeine and this seems to have reduced urinary frequency. I go bout 6-7 times a day and I can hold for 5 hours at a time. But I do still have urinary urgency which present as deep bladder spasms and I have to work to hold at times in the sense that holding is not automatic for me like it was before I noticed this condition.

I'm just wondering whether anyone has bladder issues related to anxiety and in particular bladder spasms. I'm not sure if the OCD and HA are causing all this and if it is actually all in me head as I'm super-focused on my bladder. Like all people with HA I'm beginning to have doubts now about the test results and whether anxiety can actually cause these bladder spasms.

I'm definitely stressed out on this issue and focusing on it 24/7.

If anyone had advice to offer it would be much appreciated.

jacomus
27-02-17, 22:02
I can see this was almost a year ago to the tee- how are your symptoms?

I too have the same issues. I also fear I have MS and actually had an MRI today. I am male, 38 years old.

In between trips to the bathroom, i get a burning sensation in my urethra. My doc ruled out a UTI and thought I had Prostatitus. Only, it seems to come back and hit me every 30 days or so. I will admit, it comes back if I am especially concerned about my health.

I am just hoping this is what it is. Obviously, bladder issues are also a part of MS.

Let me know if you could, thanks.