PDA

View Full Version : Increase or more time?

Jem21
22-02-16, 18:51
Hi I'd really like some advice, I'd been on 20mg for about 10 months when I had the symptoms of a head cold (always freaks me out for some reason) and I went back to the doctor as it started a lot of anxiety again and he wanted to increase me to 40mg. We settled on 30 as I'm sensitive and get a lot of side effects. I've been on the increased dose almost 4 weeks and I'm still having racing thoughts and have quite a bit of agitation and that horrible feeling in the tummy. Do I ride this out a bit longer or do I go back and ask to go up to the 40? I'm really trying to stay positive but it's a bit of a battle? Can anyone let me know their thoughts please? Still have the head cold so don't know if that's what's keeping it all going.

mark84
23-02-16, 15:47
Hmmm, so did the 20mg work for ten months or make you feel ill?

My answer depends on the answer the that question if 7 or more of those months you felt the Citalopram was beneficial then i'd stay with the increased dose.
If however you found nothing but side effects for them then try another SSRI, there's plenty to choose from.
Good luck.

Jem21
23-02-16, 16:25
Hi Mark, yes they worked for the time i was on them, I've been on cit a few times in the past and they have always worked within 2 to 3 weeks that's why i'm almost at the 4 week point but don't seem that much better from the increase.

Thanks for the reply by the way :)

mark84
24-02-16, 17:33
I'd say give them a little longer then, when I started I only noticed any positive changes at around the 6 week mark, and studies show they have maximum efficacy at 8 weeks if I recall correctly.
Pleasure to help.