PDA

View Full Version : Worried after doctors app today

PanicPal
22-02-16, 19:01
Hi...I'm new here so please bear with me :)

I went to the doctors today and they gave me a ECG which was done by the nurse and it all looked "fine" but there was an abnormality but the doctor pulled up a older ECG and today's and the older one matched so he wasn't concerned but now I'm sitting at home worried beyond control! Has anyone got any info on abnormalities or ever experienced this before? Is it something to worry about?

Thank you

Superworrier
22-02-16, 19:06
Hi same thing happened to me a few weeks ago .
The surgery nurse did it said it looked okay but there was an slight abnormality and she sent me through to the Dr .
Legs like jelly he compared it to another one and said it was fine he was happy .

My father inlaw is a paramedic I got that worried I asked him and he said that it often happens .
The ECG machine he uses often prints off that there is an abnormality but everything is fine .
Told me to forget the Dr will have seen its normal .
Hope that helps .

PanicPal
22-02-16, 19:09
Thank you SW :) I wasn't worried when I was there but now I'm home every beat of my heart I'm thinking is something going to go wrong is this abnormality going to kill me tonight

LilGsMama
22-02-16, 19:21
My ECGs are what they call "normally abnormal".. in that I have ectopic beats :D

Normally Abnormal!! Nice eh xxxx

PanicPal
22-02-16, 19:23
This is the only 1 out of like 10 and perfect stethoscope's now this "abnormal" reading has took me back to the start after I haven't had any anxiety worries for 3 months just feel like what is the point if it's gonna kill me anyway :(

AlexandriaUK
22-02-16, 21:10
I have abnormal ECG every time and I'm told its fine as its normal for me, I know what it shows but have never looked it up, scared what I will read LOL did they say what it shows

PanicPal
22-02-16, 21:17
They didn't say Alex as it matched my other ones so I'll never know :(

Nzxt27
13-03-16, 03:57
Mine came up with a low t wave or low t waves. Forgot which one. Only reason I knew that I called the main guy over the ER dept and he told me and even said my EKG looks identical to his.

The doctor who seen me at the ER just said some variation is not uncommon. And all my blood work came back fine. He didn't recommend me eating better or working out or anything. I think they have to put a doctor down if you want to follow up with. He put his doctor down and his exact words was. I can follow up if I need more pills but he doesn't see the need too.

He did tell me to quit googling and to lower my stress. He put generalized anxiety on my discharge papers.
I'm 32 don't smoke or drink or do drugs. No heart issues run in my family or high blood pressure. He didn't seem worried even though I was panicking the whole day. That's why I went to ER from chest pains.