PDA

View Full Version : hello

wen
25-09-04, 09:02
:DHello my name is wendy i am 31 i have a 11 year old son and am 10weeks pregnant i have suffered from agoraphobia for 4 and half years housebound until 6 months ago i took seroxat for 1 year but stopped a month ago because of pregnancy i have been given alternative antidepressants but would rather do without them for the baby's health without the seroxat i have managed to carry on with my exposure to outside with my family and have been to my gp's for my appointments. i am waiting for an assesment for any therpy help
wendy

wendy

minny
25-09-04, 10:49
Hi wen!

Im still new to the forum and already the guys in here have had a hugely positive effect on me! Youre in the right place!

Good luck with your new pregnancy!

Minny..x

Rennie1989
25-09-04, 11:14
hi wendy

welcome to the forum

i think it is best that you do not take any medication if you are pregnant unless it says otherwise on your meds. ow by the way, congradulation!

you will get all the support yuo need here ;)

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

Meg
25-09-04, 11:33
Welcome Wen,

Good for you making that progress and doing without your Seroxat .

We look forward to supporting you through your pregnancy.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

seh1980
25-09-04, 11:53
hi Wendy,

Welcome to the site!! I'm sure you'll get loads of support here

Sarah :D

pips
25-09-04, 12:53
Congratulations Wendy and welcome aboard!

I was on Seroxat so I know how it feels. I now just manage with natural remedies when needed! Good luck and all the best.

Love PIP'S XX

sal
25-09-04, 14:16
Hi Wendy

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your pregnancy.

You have done well to come of the tablets and i am sure you will cope well throughout. You are doing well going out with your family and hopefully you will be offered some other therapy shortly.

Love Sal xxxxx

Karen
25-09-04, 16:35
Hi Wendy

Welcome to the site. Congratultions on your pregnancy. It seems like you are doing well and you will get loads of support here.

Briary

nomorepanic
25-09-04, 16:54
Hi Wendy

Great news on the new baby and well done for getting off the meds for the sake of the new baby.

Are you going to get therapy such as CBT? That will be a great help.

Welcome aboard and look forward to hearing more from you.

Nicola

sal
26-09-04, 00:25
Hi Wendy

How are you feeling and getting on?

Let us know how you are mate.

Love Sal xxxxx

wen
27-09-04, 08:33
thanks for the welcome ,
i've been prescribed a different anti depressant but have decided not to take it as i will not be able to breastfeed and there doesn't seem to be any reasuring evidence that any medication is safe during pregnancy. I am waiting for a appointment with the mother and baby psychiatrist as my gp didn't want to send me for a mental health assessment.It's all a bit confusing at the moment and difficult to know what the right decision is,it helps to chat with people who understand.
wendy

wendy

jill
28-09-04, 13:49
Hi wendy

congratulatins on your pregnancy:D
Just want to say welcome to the site.

Jillxxxx

may your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door

Rennie1989
28-09-04, 19:34
hi wendy

how are you today

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

sal
28-09-04, 23:25
Hi Wen

Can understand how you feel as no doubt you will be getting no doubt a lot of support and help and it is hard to decide what is best for yourself.

Just remember you are going to try without the medication which is great and probably the best step for you. Go with how you feel and dont let anyone influence you, only you know how you feel and will cope and whatever you decide you will get lots of support.

Love Sal xxxxx