PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of the flu HELP

BlueEyesShining
22-02-16, 21:33
Hi everyone!
At the moment my HA is sky high cause today I was sitting in class at uni and my colleague just did not stop coughing and doing weird sounds with her nose. I couldn`t stand up and take another place cause everything in the classroom was full. I even considered leaving the class but it was an important lecture.
So i am not sure if she was in reality sick or maybe she was a couple of days ago.
I had another panic attack at public transport cause I was hearing too much people coughing and unfortunately I have to use public transport every day.
Are there any measures I can take? I am so afraid of the flu.. idk why. I guess my HA is playing tricks on me

LilGsMama
22-02-16, 21:36
I work in a medical centre and have to resist the urge to walk around wearing one of those face masks! I do have a glass partition between me and the waiting room, but the number of people who lean through it and have a coughing fit astounds me, it really does! xx

nirvanainchains
22-02-16, 23:28
Nothing is more scarier than actually having flu. I have a high fever yesterday but managed to control it but the headache is still present.

Lifelonganxiety!
22-02-16, 23:43
Make sure you're washing your hands a lot, or using hand sanitizer. Keep your hands away from your face as much as possible, basic hygiene stuff.

Unfortunately, outside of living in a bubble there's not a lot you can do to completely protect yourself. It's more important to be out there doing what you need to do like being in class. If they had the flu (or more likely a cold) it's obviously not so bad that they couldn't get out of bed so IF you do catch something you'll fight it and get over it in a few days.