PDA

View Full Version : Doctor said I have "bulge" in my ear?

Njon704
23-02-16, 02:32
What does "bulging" mean? She said she sees some bulging but no ear infection. Doesn't "bulging" mean there is fluid in my ear? And doesn't fluid in my ear mean I have an ear infection??

She didn't give me any antibiotics . She just said it was allergies and to get claritin D. Can allergies cause fluid in the ear? I'm worried that it's an infection and I was misdiagnosed.

Fishmanpa
23-02-16, 02:41
Allergies can definitely case fluid buildup/bulging in your ear as well as all kinds of fun things that are a PITA but totally benign.

If there was an infection, it would have be clearly visible upon examination.

Take the Claritan D. It's good stuff.

Positive thoughts

Njon704
23-02-16, 03:09
Allergies can definitely case fluid buildup/bulging in your ear as well as all kinds of fun things that are a PITA but totally benign.

If there was an infection, it would have be clearly visible upon examination.

Take the Claritan D. It's good stuff.

Positive thoughts

Thanks so much! I've never suffered from allergies before. I just moved from Canada to California, so I guess I'm just not use to the environment. I didn't know that allergies could do that to your ears. So weird. When I think of allergies I think of hives and itchy eyes lol

Good to know.

Fishmanpa
23-02-16, 04:16
Thanks so much! I've never suffered from allergies before. I just moved from Canada to California, so I guess I'm just not use to the environment. I didn't know that allergies could do that to your ears. So weird. When I think of allergies I think of hives and itchy eyes lol

Good to know.

Allergies cause stuffy/runny nose, sneezing , headaches, coughing, tonsil stones, clogged ears etc. etc. etc... I've had them most of my life and was over most of them and then moved from NJ to the Shenandoah Valley which essentially is a big giant bowl where pollen loves to settle. In the Spring your car literally will have yellow dust from the pollen! I take a OTC 24hr allergy med daily as does my wife.

Positive thoughts

Njon704
24-02-16, 07:46
Allergies cause stuffy/runny nose, sneezing , headaches, coughing, tonsil stones, clogged ears etc. etc. etc... I've had them most of my life and was over most of them and then moved from NJ to the Shenandoah Valley which essentially is a big giant bowl where pollen loves to settle. In the Spring your car literally will have yellow dust from the pollen! I take a OTC 24hr allergy med daily as does my wife.

Positive thoughts

I was wondering if you also got swollen and tender lymph nodes in the neck and jaw from your allergies?

MrsCav
24-02-16, 08:09
Bulging is deffo fluid in your ear but doesn't mean infection. Can you feel it against your ear drum? I can feel mine, it kinda vibrates against it. Steaming is really good, it really helps my ears. Just breathing in steam with menthol crystals can really get everything moving.

Njon704
24-02-16, 23:43
Bulging is deffo fluid in your ear but doesn't mean infection. Can you feel it against your ear drum? I can feel mine, it kinda vibrates against it. Steaming is really good, it really helps my ears. Just breathing in steam with menthol crystals can really get everything moving.

I can't really feel it. But I get random sharp pain in my ears. Botherwise of them. Do your lymph nodes swell when you have fluid in the ear? I hope this goes away soon. I even never had this. How will I know if it's turned into an ear infection?