PDA

View Full Version : Problems sleeping? A thing from my childhood that worked..

Mozie
23-02-16, 19:40
Evening all

Just been looking and sat thinking about how I can help myself to try and sleep at night, I remember has a small child my mam hoovering up with one of those old cylinder hoovers, everytime she got it out to do the hoovering I would lay behind it I'd be out like a light, like now I get some comfort (may sound daft) from an hairdryer the noise calms me but I can't sleep with an hairdryer on all night,

So a search through YouTube and voila loads of hoover sounds and surprisingly alot of people using them to help there baby's etc sleep and alot of adults,

When I hear that right sound I get pins and needles all through my body,it may be just me but if it helps others too then it's worth trying you'll know when or if you get that right tone or noise you'll get a cold sensation and pins and needles Al through your body.

There's loads to try on there just search for hoover sounds or relaxing hoover sounds for sleep.

Anything is worth a try I hope it will help someone else who's struggling with sleep at the minute and looking for that one thing that may help

Good luck I'm looking forward to bed tonight..

Chocolateface
23-02-16, 22:21
Thanks for the tip I may give it a try, I think hoovers works for babies as they mimic the sound a baby hears in the womb

Mozie
23-02-16, 23:36
Yes think they actually class it has white noise but alot of people use it for relaxation and sleep..

Certainly worth trying

GingerFish
28-02-16, 16:52
I can't sleep unless there is white noise like a fan in the background and then a TV noise too. I always sleep with my fan on every night no matter how cold it is in the room and listen to my fave tv show on my headphones through my phone. I struggle to sleep without either of those things. Think this comes from when I was a kid, I would always fall asleep to a video and my mum kept her fan on in the next room.

jumpingmuffin
28-02-16, 19:51
LIke you GingerFish I have to have the fan on no matter what the temperature is or if that doesnt work I have my ipod on a very low volume just something to distract my mind from going into overdrive