PDA

View Full Version : Stomach

Yafs7
23-02-16, 21:38
For years, I've gone to the toilet two to three times per day.
Over the past week, however, it's down to just once and it hurts - occasionally - when it comes out.
I'm really worried, as this has never happened before.
There's no blood or anything, though.
My diet hasn't changed in the past week and now I can't stop worrying about it and constantly checking Google for symptoms.

Yafs7
24-02-16, 11:22
Can someone please reply?

Fishmanpa
24-02-16, 12:35
It's called constipation and happens to everyone at one time or another from infancy to old age. Take something to help soften things up.

Positive thoughts

Yafs7
24-02-16, 12:55
Such as a laxative?
I just find it strange that I've gone from being so regular to nothing, within a week?

countrygirl
24-02-16, 16:30
Have you reduced your fluid intake even by a bit as lack of fluid causes constipation. Have your reduced the quantity of food even by a little or the amount of fibre in the food? All of these can slow things down.

I can go anything from twice to four times a day depending on my food/fluid intake and I find that if I go less for a few days then I will have a catch up day:)

Increase your fluid intake, add in something like prunes or prune juice and you could find things change. Laxatives are not a good idea as they make the bowel lazy although something like lactolose just oils the passage so to speak rather than affecting the workings of the bowel. Once a day if okay anyway, I know people who go once a week!

Fishmanpa
24-02-16, 16:33
I know people who go once a week!

Ever since treatment, that's been me and it's EPIC! ~lol~

Positive thoughts and poo threads

Yafs7
24-02-16, 18:06
Have you reduced your fluid intake even by a bit as lack of fluid causes constipation. Have your reduced the quantity of food even by a little or the amount of fibre in the food? All of these can slow things down.

I can go anything from twice to four times a day depending on my food/fluid intake and I find that if I go less for a few days then I will have a catch up day:)

Increase your fluid intake, add in something like prunes or prune juice and you could find things change. Laxatives are not a good idea as they make the bowel lazy although something like lactolose just oils the passage so to speak rather than affecting the workings of the bowel. Once a day if okay anyway, I know people who go once a week!

Thanks. I am terrified it is colon/pancreatic cancer, though.

countrygirl
24-02-16, 18:33
Ever since treatment, that's been me and it's EPIC! ~lol~

Positive thoughts and poo threads

:yesyes:

lfc65
24-02-16, 19:36
I'd be delighted with a regular once a day! Definitely up your water intake, More fruit and veg and try to relax. And don't google! You'll be fine

WiseMonkey
24-02-16, 19:43
Think I mentioned this on another thread but buy some slippery elm powder and mix it with hot water and drink it 2 or 3 times a day. It's natural and not habit forming and also cleans the lining of the bowel.

Btw not going to the toilet is NOT a sign of pancreatic cancer. Take care