PDA

View Full Version : HIV scare`

yodascat
24-02-16, 06:01
Hi guys,

I know chances are really slim but I can't help but think of the worst case scenario.

So I have hemmarrhoids and they come and go. Arounnd 3 weeks ago I went ot the toilet which didn't seem very clean and I wiped with toilet paper and I was bleeding from down there.

At the moment, I've got a bit of a temperature and just feeling a bit dizzy and unwell. A few days ago I felt my lymph nodes in my neck were a bit painful but they weren't really swollen. My friends and family have been sick though (maybe a virus or something)..

I can't help but think that I caught HIV from the toilet paper.... :(

So scared right now and just going through so much other stress at the moment as well.

MyNameIsTerry
24-02-16, 07:05
Whilst you had bleeding roids, you have to remember that HIV doesn't live outside the human body for very long at all. For you to catch something like that it would need someone to have passed it onto that toilet paper so quickly, they would probably have been sitting in the cubicle with you at the time.

Health services debunked the old myths about toilets years ago and the above is how I've seen one talk about it - that the event would need to be so closely timed for it to happen that it would be extremely unlikely to be a scenario that could even happen.

Lymph nodes swell due to detection of localised infection. They are draining off fluid, hence they enlarge. So, that's likely the virus you are thinking about that is going around in your family.

WiseMonkey
24-02-16, 07:38
Good reply, it's impossible to get hiv from a toilet seat full stop. So relax you are just fine :)