PDA

View Full Version : super scared, weird heart pain and vein bulging

stressed_out
24-02-16, 14:57
hello everyone i've been doing a lot better recognizing my anxiety and have felt pretty normal for a few days now. earlier today after dinner i had a horrible squeezing in my chest right above the heart, it felt super deep. hurt a lot. afterwards i felt a weird heartbeat and asked my roommate to feel it and as i was moving i had the worts sensation in my heart. like it was congested or not functioning normally, not palpitations are pounding heart like i've had with anxiety. i don't even know how to describe it but it was the worst thing and lasted for a few seconds. i chalked this up to anxiety and got back to my day.

i took a shower before i went to bed and sorry if this is tmi but during masturbating i had the normal racing heart but there was horrible chest pain traveling up to my neck inside and i had to stop, i felt like i was going to pass out or die it was horrible. i had chalked both of these things up to anxiety and didn't let it faze me.

my anxiety was getting better and better and then about an hour ago i went downstairs to get my sheets out of the dryer and as i was walking down i started getting a weird not quite electric or sharp but thats the closest i could say, electric pain in my heart. i said to myself this is just anxiety and kept on like usual. it got worse when i stopped moving and my hand was over my chest, still telling myself its anxiety and its nothing. when it came to the absolute worst pain i felt the area my hand was touching move, it felt like a vein that suddenly enlarged and moved really slowly. it sounds crazy but i could honestly feel a vein widen and move up to down (or down to up i can't even remember) i just felt something enlarge with the pain matching 100%

because of my anxiety in the past my parents don't believe me so when i told them they basically just said i could walk to emergency room for a test if need be. its also expensive from going to the doctors in the past. the only person i can rely on and has done extensive research on anxiety vs heart problems is my younger sibling and they said they don't even know if i'm fine this time because the symptom was so strange. i feel as though i've been doing well in terms of getting my anxiety under control (the fear is still there but i don't let it bother me anymore) but i have a feeling that this could be horrible timing as there's something wrong along with anxiety so no one believes me.

if anyone has any help i would appreciate it immediately. my sleeping pattern has been off lately so i eat dinner after i wake up, which is when the pain was. 30-1 hour. the pain i had was about an hour ago as i was about to go to sleep.

i am worried because i don't even know how to accurately describe the feeling and i felt like i was going to like collapse after. i asked my family if i was fine and started to panic after that (not the other way around) so if this post comes off as frantic it's because they said they honestly don't know this time but i can't go to the doctor.

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 ----------

please help its 830am here and i can't sleep because i'm scared of waking up with pain or something horrible

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 ----------

anyone?

Toots24
27-02-16, 00:23
Hi,

Anxiety can cause very real physical symptoms. I remember when my anxiety first appeared I went straight to a&e because I felt like
I was going to have a heart attack, they done an ecg and everything was normal.

I do get chest pain still and my heart often beats too fast/hard/irregularly but it's my anxiety, sometimes it can be incredibly scary and feels like it's something more than it is. Another common symptom is a tingling numb sensation down your arm.

Honestly I think you'll be fine and it's probably just anxiety, I would make an appointment for your doctor to double check that everything is ok even to just put your mind at ease.