PDA

View Full Version : Mole on my back. I'm terrified.

carabijoux
24-02-16, 14:23
Hi everyone!

Just when I seemed to be feeling a bit more in control of my HA, I'm right back to square one again.

I have a mole on my back that I've had all my life. It never gives me any trouble, but for the last couple of weeks I've been really aware of it. I'm getting twinges of pain in it, and I'm just more aware of it being there (it's on my waist band line).

I went to my GP yesterday and he said it looks absolutely fine, but he said if it's bugging me I could have it removed, which I've agreed to.

In the meantime, while I'm waiting for my app, I'm so anxious.

Am I over reacting? Can moles be irritated without there being anything sinister behind it? Would my gp have known if there were?

I'm sure I'm overreacting, but I'm so scared. Any sense of perspective or words of encouragement would be appreciated beyond words...

C

Fishmanpa
24-02-16, 14:40
Am I over reacting? Can moles be irritated without there being anything sinister behind it? Would my gp have known if there were?

YES to all of the above.

Positive thoughts

carabijoux
24-02-16, 14:43
Fishmanpa - thank you! I love your signature, btw. What a great reminder :D

LilGsMama
24-02-16, 16:39
Our Practice Nurse at work had to take down a poster from her wall a few months ago.. It was one showing various moles/blemishes - suspicious and non-suspicious.. she said that everyone who came into her room was drawn to it (including her and me!) and you could see them, touching or looking at their moles whilst she was talking to them/taking blood etc!

I've felt SO much better going in there since she moved it, mind:yesyes:

:)

pj67
26-02-16, 22:17
Yes they can get irritated. I saw a dermatologist recently about one that was quite small but all of a sudden it became itchy and looked more raised than usual. When I saw him he said it looked normal and didn't want to remove it. He also said that it had probably just got a bit irritated. If it's on your waist could it be rubbing on your trousers or belt?

carabijoux
23-04-16, 09:33
I thought I'd quickly update this thread :)

I had the mole removed about 7 weeks ago (the procedure was absolutely fine) and the mole was analysed - totally benign.

So interesting to read back through this thread, and realise how my HA was draining me for no reason whatsoever :)