PDA

View Full Version : How anxiety bullies us...

helenhoo
24-02-16, 21:21
Tonight I'm worrying ablut my memory because I left my drink in the kitchen and didn't put shampoo on my hair when I was applying face mask. It's one of those things you don't think about or even think twice about until anxiety is like 'what if you're losing your memory....' And then comes the worrying.

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

Do you ever read somethin g about a horrid illness and its sitting in your subconscious like a new or same again health anxiety. Just read about a little kid with a brain tumor and its lurking in my mind. I don't want anxiety!

Fishmanpa
24-02-16, 21:31
Ok... let's put 2+2 together....

1. You did a couple of things that EVERYONE has done more than a few times in their lives and then attributed it to losing your memory.

2. Then you Googled memory loss, came across brain tumors and here you are!

Have I pretty much nailed it? :winks: Stop feeding the dragon! It is a bully and will take advantage of every little thing you give him!

Positive thoughts

helenhoo
24-02-16, 21:37
Yup pretty much. It's like I know this but the anxiety is sitting on my shoulder whis perking those what ifs. If I did have memory loss Id much prefer to forgot every illness ive ever googled aha!

shirlp
25-02-16, 01:01
It is very hard as I know myself with anxiety to stop thinking the worst.. That is how anxiety works tho, u have to try and stay away from Google and tell yourself that IT IS anxiety. The anxiety maybe there with if's but try to ignore it..