PDA

View Full Version : Constant eyelid twitching. Petrified.

lelespears
25-02-16, 09:13
The last wk my right bottom lid & left top lid have been twitching like mad! As soon as I wake up!! I googled & it says stress & exhaustion are common. I feel neither of these. Worried it's ms or a tumour. Why would this be happening!

WiseMonkey
25-02-16, 09:35
Hi, have had this way back in my 20's lasting about a month then it disappeared.
Have had it since but only for short periods of time. I think it's nerve related or maybe peripheral neuropathy. Not worth worrying about, I'm still here at 59.

lelespears
25-02-16, 10:25
Thanks wise monkey. Just hate these type of things :(

Don't understand why it just started.

Carnation
25-02-16, 10:37
I've got this at the moment and I know of several other Members that have it too.
It's annoying, but it can't do you any harm. I've had it before as well and think it could be stressed related. You don't have to be particularly stressed when it happens, it's like a build up of events and it tends to happen more when you relax.
It also tends to stick around the one eye; mine is the left.

Darwin73
25-02-16, 10:57
I have had this on and off for years. The most recent time, a year or so ago, it lasted for 6 weeks non-stop and the twitches felt really strong, whereas usually they are more fluttery. It was very very annoying, but subsided eventually. With me, it seems to be triggered by several days of poor sleep.

countrygirl
25-02-16, 11:22
I have twitched all over my body for over 30 years. It def is not a sign of anything nasty and usually is totally benign condition. I once discussed this with my GP and he said that twitching as a sign of neuro diseases is almost always one of the much later symptoms and other much more serious symptoms would have developed first!

I find that a part of my face will twitch daily for up to 6 months and then it stops. I have at times had a lip twitch that lasted for a year. Eye twitches are just much more noticeable because you can see them and they feel stronger than on other parts.

Have your tried pressing on the area when it twitches as this usualkly stops it for a short time.

Anxiety hormones are what causes this, sometimes due to being tired or stressed but I tend to get it when I don't think I am anxious but who knows what anxiety hormones are sneaking around:)

Leslie735
25-02-16, 13:39
My right eyelid was twitching for 4 days a couple weeks ago. I chalked it up to stress. '

I body wide twitch and have for a while. I use to freak out over it but saw a neurologist and he put my fears to rest over it. Now I barely think twice about them.

lelespears
25-02-16, 22:54
Thanks guys that's helped so much!!

Skkyee
02-03-16, 18:24
I have had this on more than one occasion... It eventually stops! Nothing to fret about!

countrygirl
02-03-16, 18:33
At present I have twitches in both inside thigh muscles and my left arm muscle, had this for past 2 weeks, on and off all day but very visible:)

lelespears
25-03-16, 13:27
This went a few days now it's back full throttle!! So worried I've a brain tumour!

Josh1234
25-03-16, 14:43
that's not really even a symptom of a brain tumor. Main symptoms of brain tumors are seizures, headaches accompanied by nausea or vomiting, numbness or weakness on one side of the body, loss of coordination, decline in cognitive ability, and visual/hearing disturbances.

Catherine S
25-03-16, 15:50
As has been said by other members, it's really common to get twitches in muscles and nerves. I get them mostly in my eyelids...weirdly after yawning or sneezing the twitching goes a bit crazy for a few seconds! I find that lip twitches can be quite painful though, and I had a run of those for weeks in December, very annoying.

lelespears
27-03-16, 10:57
Just don't get why it twitches literally all day.

GingerFish
28-03-16, 21:03
My left eyelid has been twitching nearly every 10 minutes for the last month. Its very noticeable to me and it makes me feel like I am winking at everyone but everyone I ask says they can't notice when it twitches. I have been stressed lately but then again, I am never not stressed. Its a nuisance but nothing to worry about.