PDA

View Full Version : one sided sinus congestion going on for months.

cattia
25-02-16, 11:28
I'm really struggling with this one. I have had one sinus congested since before Christmas. my ear on that side is very blocked and when I am in large or noisy places it makes things sound kind of echoey. I have been to the doctor twice and all they have done is given me steroid nasal spray, but as I am breastfeeding at the moment I don't want to be taking this every day. My head also feels kind of foggy a lot of the time, especially in the mornings when tje congestion is at its worst. I am trying to keep a rational head about this, but the fact that it has gone on so long and has stayed on one side makes me panic that maybe it is caused by some kind of tumour. I will go back to the doctor but I can't get an appointment for another two weeks.

Jem21
25-02-16, 15:07
Hi Catta, you have just described exactly what I have. The left side of my nose is completely blocked and has been for nearly a year now. Recently it's started causing a very foggy head, itchy eyes and ears as well as earache and a heavy feeling behind and inbetween my eyes. I have suffered with this on and off for years. I'm back at doctors tomorrow and I'm going to ask them about allergy testing as I've had antibiotics before and they didn't work.

Oosh
25-02-16, 15:17
I think you can get a sinus infection and it doesn't properly clear up. My mum said an uncle had his sinus flushed via the Nhs somehow because his never fully cleared up either. I had a bad one a few years back and wonder sometimes if it's still there to a very small degree on one side. I tend to get a bit of an ify left sinus whenever I feel my immune system is under strain, always the left.

Rennie1989
25-02-16, 15:28
Sinus infections do tend to last for months unfortunately. I've heard that sitting over a bowl of steaming water with a towel over your head helps, especially if you're breastfeeding.

Oosh
25-02-16, 15:38
Believe it or not, I actually snorted salt water once ... don't do that.

Jem21
25-02-16, 15:47
That doesn't sound fun Oosh! Mine is always the left side and last for months and then clears up but the left side of my nose is always blocked.

LilGsMama
25-02-16, 21:34
My friend has had this for 2 years this coming April! It drives her mad. She also gets bad headaches every few days. I've had the ear effects since before Xmas :(

cattia
25-02-16, 21:47
I'm glad I'm not alone with this. My immune system doesn't seem great lately, I feel very run down and the sinus thing seems worse. I guess I will just wait it out until I can see the doctor again. I hope you all find some relief.

Jem21
26-02-16, 07:29
Everything always seems worse when your run down doesn't it. I'm at doctors this morning so hopefully they will be able to tell me something.

LilGsMama
26-02-16, 09:26
I've been looking at how I can boost my immune system.. I work for a GP so I'm always amongst ill people!

Jem21
27-02-16, 09:33
I think echanacia is good for boosting the immune system. Don't know if I've spelt that right. My mum takes it for 3 months then has a rest then takes it again and she's hardly ever poorly.