PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex/escitalopram

ed
25-09-04, 13:20
Hello everyone,
I havent posted for a while, since i started to take medications 9 days ago. I feel like cipralex has made my symptoms worse...
My headaches and painful eyes are a demoralising nuisance and my general anxiety has definetely got worse. I feel like I'm on a knife edge and the slightest problem makes me feel really desparate. I guess it is bothering me so much because since starting the medication I feel as bad as I ever have. It's meant to help!!!!
I know you have to give it time, certainly sarah got worse before she got better and cipralex has helped her now so much. I guess after a week and a half I'd expected to see improvements, not the other way round!!!
Well i have to put my faith in time...
tc everyone,
ed

the motion keeps my heart running

blossom
25-09-04, 13:43
Dear Ed, I have been in Cipralex about 6 months now, and for the first 3-4 weeks, I was awful, anxiety, worse, and agitated all the time, infact I was in and out of bed for the first two weeks, but have stuck to it, prior to that I was on the sister drug to it, Citalopram, and the same thing happened, It says that it takes time, I still get headaches, but most of the SSRI drugs give one headache so I am told, which is a real bind, but at least give them a try, from Blossom

sal
25-09-04, 14:22
Hi Ed

Sorry you are not doing too well. It does seem crazy doesnt it that something that is meant to make you better makes you feel worse to start of with. I felt like you do and on numerous occasions wanted to stop taking them, but persevered and eventually i did feel better.

It does take time and i am sure over the next week or so you symptoms will calm down and you will start to feel a bit better.

Here if you need to talk.

Love Sal xxxxx

ed
25-09-04, 14:42
Thanks guys,
I know youre right...i appreciate as well that you describe exactly how i feel-the whole in and out of bed thing!!Thats just how i feel, like climbing the walls!!!
Its a matter of time sure, thanks for posting and offering your support...i promise I'll keep with it, and maybe reevaluate how im feeling after the first month.Hopefully by then the clouds in my mind will be breaking up!
tc
ed
xx

the motion keeps my heart running

seh1980
25-09-04, 15:12
hello darling edward,

I know you aren't feeling too great but I promise that it will get better. I am proof!! I will do all I can to help you out!!

Sarah :D

Karen
25-09-04, 16:46
Hi Ed

Sorry to hear you are not feeling too well on the medication. I am still getting the headaches too but hope they will settle down in time. I thought maybe I was bound to get them as I suffer from migraines anyway.

Try to give it a bit longer and see if things improve.

Take care.

Briary

Meg
25-09-04, 16:51
Ed , they do take up to 3 weeks to get any benefits at all and you may feel worse in the meantime so hang in there .

Meg

nomorepanic
25-09-04, 18:45
Hi Ed

Sorry you aren't doing so well. Don't forget that not all meds suit all people. I took Dothiepin and just couldn't settle with it so they changed it to Prozac. They made me stay on it for several months before they would change it however.

I hope things settle down with you soon.

Big hug.

Nicola

ed
25-09-04, 22:08
Hi guys...
Thanks for replying...I know its early days and I hope in time I'll see the improvements. It's just that right now that seems so far off! Im certain I want to see this through and give it a chance, cos right now i feel so bad i'd try anything.
Thanks for your support, I'm hoping for the best!
ed
xx

sal
26-09-04, 00:51
Hi Ed

Persevere for a bit longer and hopefully you will feel a lot better. Totally appreciate how you are feeling and know how hard it is.

Hang in there mate for a bit longer.

Love Sal xxxxx

snowman
26-09-04, 19:00
Hi Ed.

I've not written on the site for a while but I do read all the topics. Just to let you know that Ive been on Cipralex for 3 months now and cant believe how far I have come. I'ld be lying if I said I was where I want to be but believe me sticking withit is well worth the wait. I still get a thick head at times and went through the bed thing for the first 2 - 3 weeks, loss of appetite etc but it will subside.

All I would add is healthy living will help enormously. Regular excercise and cutting out caffeine and less alcohol ( I find I cant tollerate any of those alco pop drinks with the meds....mess me up for days!!) Life style changes, meds and knowing that ur not alone on this site will definitely give you the strength to move forward one day at a time. Good luck.

S

sal
26-09-04, 22:41
Hi Ed

How are you feeling now?

Let me know how it is going for you.

Send my love to Sarah.

Love Sal xxxxx

ed
26-09-04, 23:13
Hi guys,

Thanks for all your replies! I had the best day I've had in ages today. Certainly since i started the meds. My headaches and general anxiety were much more bearable...maybe it's starting to have an effect! At least the side effects werent so hideous!
It's just tough being patient when youre so uptight!
Gotta go back to GP for blood test results this week...I dont expect theres anything wrong though...well hope not!
Wish me luck!

tc all!

ed
xx

the mighty oak was once a nut that stood its ground

Karen
27-09-04, 01:37
Hi Ed

I'm glad you felt a bit better today. I'm still getting the headaches too, lets hope they stop soon.

Good luck for the blood test results tomorrow.

Take care.

Briary

shalom
21-10-06, 17:39
I have once again experienced what often happens when I have a long sleep, especially during the day on the weekend, and especially when I don't have to begin doing things immeditaely upon waking. Perhaps some of you experience this and have found solutions.

By the way, I take 20 mg of Cipralex (escitalopram) a day.

I awake and have a very hard time putting thoughts together, following through with some intention (even the simplest, like "I will cross the room and get something"). Instead, my mind wanders from thing to thing inside, very creative, often enjoyable and sometimes profound thoughts, rarely remembered. Like being high. I often just sit and stare and "get stuck" in the middle of doing something simple, lost in thought.

If someone says something to me, it's very hard to change gears and respond logically. I normally speak a second language to my family, and it's very hard to speak that well in this state.

This last for up to an hour or so. If I am forced to begin moving or if I begin doing some single simple purpose, like sweeping or arranging the mess from the kids in a room, I will begin to get on track.

Perhaps some of you experience this and have found solutions? My family doesn't understand why I'm sometimes very different. I tell them daddy's mind doesn't work well after he wakes up.

Thanks for being there,
Shalom