PDA

View Full Version : panic?

sck
25-02-16, 18:47
Okay so I had a tiny amount of spotting on the toilet paper today. I am 3 days away from period being due. I also had a normal pap smear 3 years ago (nxt is due now) and a normal pelvic and abdominal ultrasound last week for something unrelated.... Panic???

PanchoGoz
25-02-16, 19:04
does it matter if its three days early? mine are regularly 5 days late

sck
25-02-16, 19:13
No mine are often a couple of days either way but I'm not sure the spotting is the period. It was a smear of bright blood and hour ago and nothing since

PanchoGoz
25-02-16, 19:17
i dont think thats anything to worry about, its just your period coming on slightly early

sck
25-02-16, 19:22
Yeah maybe....wow I'm on a real HA roll atm.

WiseMonkey
25-02-16, 20:39
My eldest daughter used to get this a few days before then it would stop before the big one. Normal to be up to 5 days early or 5 days late.

PanchoGoz
25-02-16, 21:08
You're lucky it's so regular - I went on the pill because I always have a mid month/all month bleed. I passed a sack of flesh the first month on it :D

sck
25-02-16, 21:20
Don't feel lucky. Totally consumed by HA

PanchoGoz
26-02-16, 21:07
Sometimes it can be helpful to evaluate the good and bad sides of the situation so the negative thoughts don't run away with you :) Anxiety makes you see only the worst possible solution

sck
26-02-16, 21:18
Well today I've had a small amount of brownish discharge tmi .... Still no period though its due anytime now. Worried because I usually just start period with no spotting beforehand

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

I wonder if its the panic/anxiety I've had last few weeks? Hopefully with a normal pelvic ultrasound last week and my last pap smear being normal nothing too nasty going on

GingerFish
28-02-16, 11:21
As long as all your smear tests and ultrasounds come back clear then early spotting is fine. Stress can make your period wonky, either making it a bit late or early and sometimes periods aren't like clockwork anyway. I've never had my period bang on the calendar day, its usually always been a day or 2 late or early and even a week late once and I wasn't pregnant! Some months I would have a bit of bleeding a day or two before the full flow and other months it would just start with the heavy flow.

sck
28-02-16, 21:01
Gingerfish ... You have recovered from anxiety disorder?? Congratulations... How did u do this?