PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE Read -New To This -Help (Adivce)

Chrisoshorter93
26-02-16, 06:10
Alright, so I have these cycles that start with panic and turn into extreme worry about EVERYTHING. I mean EVERYTHING. It's terrible. I worry about my future, my life, where it's going, things I need to do, like find a job, where I'll live, etc, etc. It gives me anxiety because of that. I know I am just ill right now and super focused on EVERYTHING, and being ill makes you see things in only black & white. My question is, is this normal? At 22, I have a car coming my way, a trailer in my name, two younger brothers who would always be there for me, but I still can't stop obsessing. Should I focus on my recovery from this recent sensitized mind, or continue running around trying to plan and solve all of my future right now? I am afraid if I don't plan/solve, everything will go bad, but on the other hand I know I am recently sensitized and never worried before and things came natural. I need direction. Please don't comment recommending doctors, meds, etc. I don't have the means. Just need advice.:weep:

Oosh
26-02-16, 06:42
I'd write stuff down and write about your plan for those real world worries and the solution that shows you everything is ok. Then that stuff can be forgotten. When they pop into your head, it's ok, you know the solution. You don't need to go there again, you just stay on that course.

You're a bit prone to worrying at the moment, it's no big deal. Don't let it bother you. Don't worry that you're worrying. The real world problems are ok, "everything's alright" then put your mind on stuff that interests you and that you enjoy.
Real world worry pops into your head - remember solution/plan - forget.

When you see you've forgotten worries for ten minutes, an hour, a day, give yourself a pat on the back. You're putting worry in its place and managing your attention more effectively.

Don't worry that you feel prone to this stuff at the moment. These things can just be habit. We do it because it's what we've been doing. You can make new habits.

Focus on those positives. Pile them up like a little mountain in your mind and as that pile gets higher you have even more reason to feel/know that it's ok and feel high spirits and confidence.

You're in control of this stuff. Just put that/some mental software in place and it'll help you navigate through it for the rest of your life. You're just learning to put these mechanisms in place that's all.

Chrisoshorter93
26-02-16, 07:05
Would you say that being overly sensitized makes you more prone to worry?

Pipkin
26-02-16, 17:54
Chris,

It works both ways, if you're sensitive, you can worry about things which, in turn, can make you more sensitive.

I don't know your full situation but, in general, the best approach is to try to carry on. The more you dwell on anxiety, the more your body thinks there's a problem which makes you feel worse. My advice is to continue planning to achieve everything you always wanted to. Just make sure you're getting plenty of rest and time to relax. It's hard but you can do it. I've had anxiety for a long, long time and I know it's possible with some real determination. Your advantage is that you're young and that makes it easier to address. Your thought patterns aren't as engrained as us oldies.

I know you've said you don't have the means to see a doctor (it's different here in the UK as a visit to the GP doesn't cost us anything so we always find US members' situation difficult to comprehend), but I would suggest you read one of Claire Weekes' books. The best is 'Self Help for your Nerves'. Whilst it's a little dated, the advice is excellent and will answer your questions. It will be quite cheap on Amazon.

Good luck

Pip :D