PDA

View Full Version : feel strange on the pill

mirry
01-03-07, 21:33
Hi people,,, started the contraceptive pill on monday (progesterone) and Ive been so sleepy ever since, had bad panic today which hasnt happened in a long time ? what Im trying to ask is :o can starting the pill make me feel a little different in myself ?

Also had stabbing pains in my stomach whilst out today, couldnt walk for 5 mins cos it felt so bad , like servere period pain.

Was hoping this pill would make me feel better but so far no improvement:( .

nomorepanic
01-03-07, 21:44
It always takes me a while to get used to new drugs so give it time and I am sure things will settle down soon.

hunny
01-03-07, 21:49
Hi

It definitelt made me feel awful!!

I had the progesterone only pill as im breastfeeding,but came off quite quickly as it made me feel bad

Can you get a different one,or do you have to be on this type?It could be worth sticking it out a while to see if you adjust though

Sorry,not much help there was i !
Hunny x

peach
01-03-07, 21:50
hi!
i remember when i first started taking the pill, i did feel a bit wierd...just not myself...this time around tho ( ive been on it for 3 months now) although there has been a little weight gain (thats my excuse anyway..lol) my skin has cleared up, my period pain is so much easier then it was, and my flow is minimal, so weighing up the difference, for now, im happier on it.
my body did take some getting used to it in the first 2 months tho, things seem to have settled a bit now...
and like you when i was first on it, i was a bit panicky about it and had a couple of small anx attacks, at night which is when i take it..but that has all cleared up as well, now i am used to it...

take care.....and if things dont change for you, perhaps you might need to try another pill...?

Piglet
01-03-07, 22:56
Mirry the first one I tried I was really nauseous on and it made me agitated but I think it took at least a couple of weeks for me to feel like that.

I know they like you to give it at least a month and then if its not for you you could try different brand like I did.

Do you think you could be a bit subconciously anxious about taking this pill and that might be contributing at all????

Piglet xx

mirry
02-03-07, 07:49
Thanks everyone, I am so tired all the time and feel worried about everything.
Last night I had a email from my friend who emigrated to New Zealand before Xmas, she was my best friend and we were together 3 days a week, so when I read her email last night I cried alot, feeling very emotional which I havent been like in a long long time.
Maybe my hormones are adjusting and that is why I feel like I do ?
I will continue for now and hope it sorts itself out.
Once again thanks for your support.

EebyJeeby
02-03-07, 13:15
Hi Mirry,

I'm starting on the same pill as you today - now I can't wait (ahem)!

No really I have had this type of pill before and was fine but took a 4 year break because I went through one of those "I don't want to put chemicals in my body any more" phases.

However, the penalty has been that I'm absolutely floored by period pain for 3 days every month and ovulation pain for a couple of days in between. It drags you down and I've had enough of it and so am hoping that the pill will sort it. The painkillers I used to take were withdrawn a couple of years ago and nothing else will touch it :-(

We all have a tendency to focus on the negative effect that drugs may have on us, but like everything with anxiety, we often lose sight of the positives. I'm trying to focus firmly on the benefits and will let you know how I get on (fingers firmly crossed...)!

Eeb xx

mirry
02-03-07, 14:29
Good luck with it Eeby, Im sure you will be fine on it. I have just started a new period AGAIN TODAY (have only just finished one that Ive had for 4 days).......think my Iron levels are low so have got some Guiness for tonight .YUCK!!!

Piglet
02-03-07, 14:33
Mirry have you ever tried Spatone for increasing your iron levels - my sister got me on to it.

www.spatone.co.uk (http://www.spatone.co.uk)

Love Piglet x

mirry
02-03-07, 14:44
thanks will check it out, I got told 2 years ago I am borderline anemic and to eat more Iron. Oh what would I do with out you all on here, I feel so low at the moment , And Piglet you always make me smile....... THANKS XXXXXX

EebyJeeby
14-03-07, 00:50
Just a quick update. I started taking the progesterone-only pill 11 days ago and I can honestly say that I'm already feeling more like my old self. Anxiety has not reared its head at all and I feel rather good actually. Will know in a couple of weeks if it starts to help with the periods and associated issues, although I expect it takes a while to establish itself...

Piglet
14-03-07, 09:19
Oh that's super Eebs :D

What about you Mirry - hows it working for you.

My sister thought it was great as it also stopped her periods completely :yesyes:. The only problem for her has been bloating so she is trying another brand now.

Piglet :flowers:

mirry
16-03-07, 20:12
JUST NOTISED THIS ,LOL.

ive taken 21 pills so far, dont know where i am in my cycle ?
cos I have to take this pill every single day without breaks.

Ive still had anxiety but the horrible shaky feeling I used to have alot has calmed down. Ive had a few spots but on my back and not my face !
I have had some breast pain like i normally do but its milder.

I was told I will probally feel worse before I feel better but will let you know what happens next (if anything).

mirry
28-03-07, 21:48
update, My anxiety levels have been very good, actually went down town on my own this week which is amazing.
But I am still on my period,its been 11 days now - whats going on ?

kimmy
28-03-07, 21:53
Hey mirry

What you have to remeber is any tablet can give you a side effect! I used to take the pill and I had horrible side effects, even my mouth went funny- all the muscles were loose! If you dont get on with it try something else chick xx:yesyes:

mirry
29-03-07, 07:23
may have to kimmy, its 12 days now - getting fed up with it.

mirry
13-04-07, 12:36
EebyJeeby, how are doing one this pill ?

my Update,

My last period lasted 16 days !!! and in between ive had light spotting.

However the upside is ,,, I feel alot calmer in myself and have had no panic attacks lately. My PMT has dissapeared this month and today I have started another period.
So I phoned for advise and was told, it can take 3 - 4 months for it to settle my periods down and if it doesnt I can try another pill which I dont want to do cos I feel so much calmer on this pill.
Id rather have no panic attacks and long periods !

Like Piglet said about her sister, my stomach has been bloated too.

EebyJeeby
13-04-07, 13:16
Hi Mirry! That's fab news mate!

Good news here too. Anxiety is non-existent which is great considering I've just moved house and have also started a business!

Like you, I've totally lost that inner shakiness. I felt better than for ages after just a few days of taking them.

Period-wise, I used to get terrible pain and heavy flow. Now I have a slight ache but not even worth reaching for the paracetamol! Period was late and didn't really happen at all - I've had a small amount of old blood for about 10 days (sorry for the details guys!). Although this is a bit inconvenient, I'd much rather that than being wiped out for 3 days in agony.

So, I'm chuffed to bits and am SO glad that I started taking the mini pill. I feel stronger and happier and no longer a victim of my own hormones. Amazing how the anxiety just disappeared - definitely a link to hormones I'd say. It's GREAT!!!

Eeb xx

mirry
13-04-07, 17:07
Eeab that is fab news, who would of thought a hormone could make such a difference :yesyes: .

My period is light, and I have no more stomach pains or cramps, the anxiety is 80% better id say which is such a relief:D .

Congrats on moving house and starting up your own business :hugs: .

what business have you started ? (none of my business ?:blush: lol)

neptuno
13-04-07, 17:25
Hello Mirry !
Well at my great age I don't have to worry about the pill anymore ! Yippee all hail the meonopause ! However, I did enjoy the predicatability of the pill and the benefit of lighter periods etc but it took me a while to find one which suited me. I know they all work but you perhaps need to find one that works best for you. Hey - if you feel terrible taking it you need to discuss it with your GP.
Be kind to yourself.

mirry
13-04-07, 18:24
forgot to mention my weight is not budging , I dont know if this pill is making me gain or not ?

Neptuno, I will see how I go and change if needed.thanks.