PDA

View Full Version : dry eyes?

shotta287
26-02-16, 22:05
Hi all,
Last week I was woke up during the night and it felt like I had poked myself in my left eye, it was red and kept watering. So I went and washed my face which provided some relief and went back to sleep. However, in the last few days, I've got that 'onion tearing' feeling in my left eye, although no real tears are there. I don't know if this is my health anxiety causing this! I've also been waking up at like 6/7am and noticed that my eyes (especially my left one) be sensitive to the early morning sunlight although I'm sure this is normal right? Should I be seeing a doctor?

Thank you in advance!

Toots24
26-02-16, 22:10
Hi shotta,

Is your eye red or painful? If so I would probably go and get it looked at just to be sure, it may be a sty which you should be able to see it's a little bump on the eyelid or maybe a minor infection which you can get eye drops for and it clears right up. Another option is maybe you have rubbed your eye while asleep and it's a bit irritated. I definetly wouldn't worry about it.

shotta287
26-02-16, 22:28
Hi shotta,

Is your eye red or painful? If so I would probably go and get it looked at just to be sure, it may be a sty which you should be able to see it's a little bump on the eyelid or maybe a minor infection which you can get eye drops for and it clears right up. Another option is maybe you have rubbed your eye while asleep and it's a bit irritated. I definetly wouldn't worry about it.

Hi Toots,
Thank you for the calming reply, it isn't red or painful. I guess if it continues I'll have to go docs :unsure:

Toots24
26-02-16, 22:44
No problem! I had similar thing last week, my eye was twitching and a bit watery it went away after a couple of days I suppose I just got something in it or I rubbed it and it was irritated.

Hopefully it goes away soon :D

feelthelove
27-02-16, 01:37
My eyes often feel dry and water , and they always feel dry when i wake as i don't sleep too well .

I would go to the doctors he may give you some eye drops to ease the dryness .