PDA

View Full Version : Fear of oral cancer

anxiousbelle
27-02-16, 01:20
I am an 18 year old girl, healthy.

But 4 months ago I got strep throat, and ever since then have had a raised lump in my throat and slight white patches by my wisdom teeth. I've been to the doctors twice, but within the first month and they said it was fine and it would go eventually. However, it has been recently playing on my mind - it's not painful but that is a symptom apparently. What is concerning me is the red/white patches in my throat and the lump. I will go to the doctors again and will ring to book an appointment on monday, so will be in about two weeks. I am scared of two things, the doctors finding something and having cancer. But almost worse, the doctors saying it's nothing and not bothering to see when it actually is something. I am so afraid. Cancer, and death are my biggest fears, and I am stressed beyond words.

Fishmanpa
27-02-16, 03:33
I'm an oral cancer survivor. Besides your age (OC is unheard of in your age group), and the fact that medical professionals have ruled out anything sinister, you can scratch that fear off the list. OC just doesn't present as you described.

Positive thoughts