PDA

View Full Version : Tingling All Over

stucoo
27-02-16, 07:59
Hi,

My HA kicked off big time in January and I have had different symptoms (twitching, warm/cold sensations on my legs, burning skin) but the past week I have been experiencing an intermittent tingling sensation in feet, hands and legs. I went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago about pain in my back which as improved through stretching. I'm currently on 20mg of Fluoxetine ( 6 weeks in). It causing me more anxiety as I keep thinking it is a sign of a serious illness. Can anyone relate?

Thanks,

Stuart

MyNameIsTerry
27-02-16, 08:12
Well it takes over a month for Fluoxetine to reach "steady-state" (as much going in as coming out) and the brain levels can be seen to be increasing to week 5 so it could be a side effects issue. Many people on this med report hitting the "5 week blip".

So, perhaps it is that?

Certainly tingling can be an anxiety symptom, I've had mine from the very start 9+ years ago. Do you find it goes if you move about? Mine does and it's more when I'm sitting than anything. I could have it in my legs a lot, the feet, fingers & hands and sometimes even in the chest. This is all adrenaline though.

stucoo
27-02-16, 10:38
Thanks for your reply Terry. I was wondering about the medication and whether I should go back to the doctors. This started when I was due to go back to work after being off for 10 days, so that may have something to do with it as well.

I find any exercise helps to relieve anxiety, but my mind tends to focus on symptoms and they become magnified. My wife says I over analyse things and I must admit I'm always looking or the answer as to why I feel like this. I'm currently waiting to start CBT, hopefully that will help and I can get off the medication.