PDA

View Full Version : surely theres a cure out there ?

mirry
01-03-07, 21:39
OK, had a bad day today :( . Had to collect my daughter from school and panicked walking out the school in the mass crowds. Then had to go back this evening to a school meeting and panicked again cos a baby was crying alot , making me feel really tense.
So I been thinking today, they can treat so many conditions now days yet they dont seem to have a simple pill to get rid of the panic attacks :mad: or do they ? am I missing something ?

I am 85% better than I used to be but still get the odd blip here and there which leave me feeling very low.

:confused:

nomorepanic
01-03-07, 21:42
Mirry

There is no miracle cure unforunately.

It has to come from you and loads of hard work and determination.

Keep doing all the things that help - diet, exercise, relaxation etc and you will get there.

It can be done but it WON'T be easy I am afraid.

Piglet
01-03-07, 23:00
Mirry take the bad days for what they are - little blips!!

I know this is hard cos I tend to respond to a bad day exactly as you are doing - it makes you feel despondant doesn't it mate. We need to remember we did have up and down days too before we got anxiety, it's just in those days we tended not to set much store by them and move on!

Big hugs hun!

Love Piglet xx

jo61
02-03-07, 07:59
Hi Mirry, I agree. Blips happen but just let them come and then go. It's very frustrating I know and when I get a blip I get into a spin thinking I'm getting very ill again but then I feel better. Keep up the good work you've been doing.

Amery
03-03-07, 20:03
It's true there is no miracle cure, but there is a cure. Have you heard of Joe Barry? He has created this excellent self help book on panic attacks and has successfully cured 26,000 people of panic attacks. He shows you how diet and exercise can effect the intensity of your next panic attack and the frequency of them and how to diffuse a panic attack the second is arises. As I say its not a miracle cure as it takes a hell of lot of courage to go down this route.
So if your not that bothered about your panic attacks and you are happy to carry on coping then it is not the treatment for you, but its just a suggestion.

Panic1971
09-03-07, 19:59
What is the name of the book by Joe Barry - I have tried Amazon - but no luck???

statycBG
10-03-07, 06:41
I have the book and it's really good.The technique too.But it's almost all about practise.You will need to practise what you have read,it's not just "hop,you are cured"

eddie d
12-03-07, 16:40
cure ??? all i know is that ive been 95% panik free for the last couple of weeks .
i read a post on here ,someone was saying that the anxiety didnt come over night and will take time to go .this thought has helped me to feel panik free today and maybe forever .
we all know how bad it can be
good luck .