PDA

View Full Version : hiv worry, please help

lildude6666
27-02-16, 15:28
6 years ago i had an incident where i slept with a few guys unprotected which i truly am ashamed to mention. Having now been with my current partner for 5 years i decided to go and have a rapid test done as i had worried about it for the past few years but my anxiety and depression made it worse.The reason i went for a rapid test was to get peace of mind. For the past few years i noticed a pea sized gland either side of my groin in the crease but that turns out it is my lymph node as i am very skinny they seem fine to doctors. I also suffered with Pharyngitis a few years back also. As my lymph node are still there to this day and knowing that pharyngitits and lymph node swelling is strongly associated with hiv. Anyway the first test i had was a Insti test which was a 3rd generation and the other i was told was a 4th generation. These tests were done way outside of the window period and both came back as negative. I am a massive worrier anyhow and it is affecting my day to day life. Can i be assured that the 2 tests are right, my partner also took a test , (his was done in hospital) and that came back negative. And could it be possible that they were false negatives? and if i had a viral load of 200 or less the test would show negative supposedly? i PLEASE HELP thankyou x

I also worry if it could be lymphoma but i have felt these glands for the past ten years or so.... i just constantly worry myself sick reading things and symptoms of hiv over the net. 2 of the rapid tests have been negative or non reactive so can i trust both these results? Is it possible that my cell count is so low that hiv could not be detected 5 or 6 years after a possible exposure to hiv ? And whatever is going on with my lymph nodes can i be assured its not hiv.

Fishmanpa
27-02-16, 19:14
Tests are negative = no HIV(.) period... no lymphoma(.) period. I'd bet my home and years salary on it.

Positive thoughts

nirvanainchains
28-02-16, 00:55
Considering you were having sex with few guys 6 years ago and the test makes you a NEGATIVE HIV person therefore you are 100% OKAY. If you had HIV you’d be far more ill now, 6 years of progression would have developed sicknesses. And FYI, HIV is not that easy to acquire.

lildude6666
29-02-16, 10:48
thanks for advice, need to stop worrying though as feel shattered lol

Lifelonganxiety!
29-02-16, 17:09
Agree with the other posters, here - you have zero possibility of having HIV. Tests are too sophisticated these days for two tests to be wrong. The chance of one test being wrong after 6 years is astronomical in itself!

As for lymphoma - same again. You don't have it. I have been able to feel lymph nodes in my neck, groin, armpits - wherever - for 17 years now, it's perfectly normal.

If you were truly sick, you would know it - it wouldn't just be a nagging thought in your mind.

lildude6666
01-03-16, 16:53
Agree with the other posters, here - you have zero possibility of having HIV. Tests are too sophisticated these days for two tests to be wrong. The chance of one test being wrong after 6 years is astronomical in itself!

As for lymphoma - same again. You don't have it. I have been able to feel lymph nodes in my neck, groin, armpits - wherever - for 17 years now, it's perfectly normal.

If you were truly sick, you would know it - it wouldn't just be a nagging thought in your mind.

thanks for reply made me feel so much better, like i said i have had the nodes down by groin for as long as can remember and if u dig deeper theres loads connected lol some size of a kidney bean, after having 2 negative rapid tests i must trust the results.i just get anxious sometimes and look online etc which ishouldnt do i tend to find everything i have is on the symptoms for hiv, i must trust 2 tests.

Lifelonganxiety!
01-03-16, 17:09
Very much so - 2 tests 6 years after any low risk behaviour showing negative should convince you 100% you don't have HIV. Time to start enjoying life more and stop worrying!