PDA

View Full Version : Fear of Motor neurone/Als can anyone help please

anxious1
27-02-16, 16:38
I have this constant fear of motor neurone disease//als i have twitching in my right arm and legs. Aching right leg. Feel week on riight side too. Everything feels heavy in my arm, and i am so worried about it, have had 2 ecg both clear. Blood test clear even a strengh test which was fine. But i cant shake it, even writing made my two fingers ache. Has anyone got any advice on this as its really took over

Leslie735
28-02-16, 04:02
I use to have this same fear when I began having twitching muscles back over the summer. I went to see a neuro. and he did a full exam and told me it was my anxiety. Weakness comes before twitching with that disease. I'm not talking a feeling of weakness but actual weakness. Like not being able to lift your coffee cup etc. Its failing not feeling.

Fishmanpa
28-02-16, 04:16
What Leslie says is right. You don't have this and you really don't want to go down this rabbit hole. I've seen too many literally lose their lives to this fear... and I mean lose their lives above ground... ALS Zombies so to speak, living for years believing they have this awful disease when in fact they don't.

It's truly in your best interest to get professional help with your anxiety before it takes what's left of your life....

Positive thoughts

anxious1
28-02-16, 10:49
I use to have this same fear when I began having twitching muscles back over the summer. I went to see a neuro. and he did a full exam and told me it was my anxiety. Weakness comes before twitching with that disease. I'm not talking a feeling of weakness but actual weakness. Like not being able to lift your coffee cup etc. Its failing not feeling.

Thanks for tne great reply. I am trying to calm myself .quite difficult though

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

What Leslie says is right. You don't have this and you really don't want to go down this rabbit hole. I've seen too many literally lose their lives to this fear... and I mean lose their lives above ground... ALS Zombies so to speak, living for years believing they have this awful disease when in fact they don't.

It's truly in your best interest to get professional help with your anxiety before it takes what's left of your life....

Positive thoughts

I know you are both right, it just wont go into my head. Though i am trying

Leslie735
29-02-16, 01:32
Believe me I know how hard it is. I'm having my own struggling right now too but with something else.