PDA

View Full Version : Pure O and much needed advice.

BrokenAge
27-02-16, 20:11
I haven't been diagnosed with Pure O or OCD but I'm rarely certain I do. I get worried about becoming psychotic. It's so terrifying to me I can't shake it sometimes. I was talking to one of my friends when she has a bi polar moment. It made me extremely anxious. She said she kept hearing footsteps and seeing things move around in her room. She kept telling me "someone's in my house they're going to kill me!" I kept reassuring her but she wouldn't listen. It made me have a panic attack it was so frighting. I then started to worry "what if I become like her?" I started having intrusive thoughts like "theres someone who's going to kill me" and I always rationalize with myself and I'm like I know no one is going to harm me, that's fine but I start thinking "what if I end up beliving that and be like my one friend? I start worrying if I'll hear or see things. It's so scary. It's hard enough dealing with anxiety and depression I couldn't handle being bi polar, schizophrenic or anything along those lines. Im just always depressed and think "it's my luck for me to lose my sanity" any advice? I usually just tell myself "if it happens it happens" sometimes helps sometimes doesn't.

TomT
27-02-16, 21:37
Hey BrokenAge,

Yeah.. you are not losing it don't worry, you wouldn't be here asking this questions if you would be to lose your mind. Usually disorders like those start young and you start showing traits of it since being a teen. No one has ever become psychotic from anxiety nor depression.

AND even if it happens you wouldn't notice you would be certain that your delusions are real and wouldn't question them. You can't drag yourself into psychosis that its not how it works not by thinking something you go insane. So breath in and remember this is your anxiety worrying about imposible odds.

Best of lucks,

T

BrokenAge
28-02-16, 06:58
I'm currently 17 so I'm around that age. Pot triggered my anxiety and my counselor told me that pot brings out disorders we are prone to. She use to tell me all the time if I would of been schiz, I would've already became psychotic but it's just so scary ya know?