PDA

View Full Version : Need some support please

CeeCeeCee
27-02-16, 21:21
I'm feeling so bad and scared right now, I have had a sore throat and bit of a cough and been worried about it, I have posted about this this week. Tonight however I started to eat my meal and suddenly had a bad tummy and felt sick. I'm going away tomorrow and don't want to have a bad night worrying, please can anyone tell me if it could be related to my throat, I'm not coping at all tonight yet I've been not too bad today. I have been taking some otc medication for my throat and some Tyrozets. Any info would be welcome, I'm so anxious, thank you.

Lucy1234
27-02-16, 21:54
Hey, maybe your medication has just disagreed with your stomach a bit? It sounds like the stress might be making you feel poorly too. There are so many bugs going around this time of year, I don't think you should worry too much either way. Sending you good thoughts.

CeeCeeCee
27-02-16, 21:59
Thank you so much, you are probably right, I've taken meds for my throat and also my usual meds, my tummy has settled a bit now too. Hate feeling like this, I'm fine in between this anxiety. Thank you again for the reply ☺️

Lucy1234
27-02-16, 22:18
No bother at all, we've all been there and it's no fun feeling this way. I hope you manage a good night's sleep tonight and everything seems brighter in the morning.

lfc65
27-02-16, 23:07
Hi hun. I've been having similar issues. Been fighting a cough and cold for a few weeks and taking paracetamol and nurofen which has ended up giving me upset stomachs. Spoke to doc who said that over time even over the counter meds can irritate the stomach lining, especially in people like me who suffer from IBS and anxiety issues. Add citralopram and the occasional co proximal into the equation and it doesn't make for a happy tum! I've been having a couple of those Yakult drinks every day and it has really helped. Hope you feel better soon x

CeeCeeCee
27-02-16, 23:26
That's reassuring, thank you, I also have IBS, I should know not to take mixed meds but inward so worried about my throat I didn't think too much. It's a horrible thing this anxiety thing! I hope your tummy improves soon ��

nirvanainchains
28-02-16, 01:00
You mentioned you have IBS. Therefore, why didn’t you think of IBS first instead of worrying on other new causes? I have IBS too, and stomach are so sensitive when you have IBS.

CeeCeeCee
28-02-16, 19:20
You mentioned you have IBS. Therefore, why didn’t you think of IBS first instead of worrying on other new causes? I have IBS too, and stomach are so sensitive when you have IBS.

Hi, I normally would have blamed the IBS but I have been quite well with that lately and it was the suddenness of how it started. I think my fear is heightened because I had Campylobacter last year and kept telling myself it was IBS as did my husband and family, however, I knew in the back of my mind it was different to my usual symptoms.

As it happens I feel better today, tummy wise.