PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Marc
25-09-04, 13:21
Hi there, I'm Marcus or Marc.

Not had any real panic, but always/often very anxious and sometimes get depressed also.
Don't know if I'll fit in here but you seem like friendly people :)

As you might have noticed I like humour, comedy and jokes.
I find that when I'm feeling down and I go looking on the web for some jokes, it often makes a big difference, and can sometimes save the day completely.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all and hope we will get along.

Marc
:)

sal
25-09-04, 14:14
Hi Marc

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will fit in fine and get lots of support.

Love Sal xxxxx

carlin
25-09-04, 14:29
Hi, Marc, it's good on this site, been on it since June and had lots of advice and support, suffered with panic for appx. 15 years now and believe me , you need a sense of humour, i still manage to see the funny side of things - i always said that once i lost my sense of humour that would be a sad old day

seh1980
25-09-04, 15:14
hello Marc,

Welcome to the site!! I'm sure that you will get loads of support here no matter what type of panic/anxiety/depression you may have. Let us know how you're getting on. Take care.

Sarah :D

Karen
25-09-04, 16:32
Hello Marc

Welcome to the site. I am sure you will fit in fine and everyone is very friendly.

Take care.

Briary

Meg
25-09-04, 16:43
Hi Marc,

Wecome to the site ?

What sort of things get you anxious ?

Meg

nomorepanic
25-09-04, 16:50
Hi Marc

Welcome aboard. I am sure you will fit in just fine and you can cheer us up with some of those jokes. I see you found the right place to post them already [:P]

Hope we can help you.

Nicola

Marc
25-09-04, 19:01
Thanks everybody.
Meg, I get anxious about many things. Driving can often get me in a state. Some work things. All sorts of little pressures can build up until I just can't seem to take it any more. I get sudden stress headaches and other pains. Does seem to have been getting worse recently. Sometimes I get to a stage of thinking that I am really cracking up, maybe my head will burst and that will be the end of it all.......

sal
26-09-04, 00:23
Hi Marc

It is scary feeling like that, that your head will burst and the thoughts you are thinking arent the best are they. But mate that is common and until we see others feel like that we cant understand what we are going through.

I myself thought i was evil and going mad until i found this site and after suffering it alone for 5 years to find out i am not alone was a god send to me. I hope you feel like that and realise you are not going mad at all hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

Marc
26-09-04, 19:48
Thanks Sal,
I don't know 'bout that, had another bad spell today....... but it is good to hear
that you are not the only one with bad feelings. Just have to keep trying and logging on to this site I guess.
Have to read all the posts and tips and see if I can find some things to help.

Thanks again,
Marc

Meg
26-09-04, 21:54
Marcus ,

Have you tried a relaxation CD or meditation and doing them daily for several weeks ?
Doing it once a week or just when at crisis point is not lastingly beneficial .

What exercise do you do regularly ?

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

sal
26-09-04, 22:08
Hi Marc

What Meg says is right.

But like you also say you have found this site and you know you will get lots of support and there are so many posts and personal stories to read.

I am sure you will feel at home before you know it mate.

Love Sal xxxxx

jill
28-09-04, 13:53
Hi Marc

WELCOME TO THE SITE

Jillxxxx

Rennie1989
28-09-04, 19:30
welcome to the site marc, glad iv got someone to joke about with, lol

Scooter Girl

if i was hungry would you feed me, if i fell you help me up, if i was crying would you brush away my tears

sal
28-09-04, 23:28
Hi Marc

How are you doing now?

Love Sal xxxxx

Marc
29-09-04, 19:39
I'm having a bit of trouble at the moment, but thanks for asking Sal....
Everything seems to be stressful now, just have to keep trying and hope it will soon get better....

Marc
xx

sal
29-09-04, 23:09
Hi Marc

I know it isnt easy but like you said you will have to keep trying.

I am sorry you are having a hard time at the moment but it will pass and you will start to feel better soon.

I hope all the information you can read on here will help.

Dont forget you arent alone.

Love Sal xxxxx

Marc
30-09-04, 21:05
Thanks Sal, and also a BIG thank you to everyone else that replied and welcomed me.
It's really nice to know that there are so many supportive people here on NMP - logging on makes my day now :) :) :)

Marc