PDA

View Full Version : Would I know if I dislocated my shoulder?

Tastee
28-02-16, 03:24
Hello,

Today I was dancing and flailing my arms around. At a point i began to move faster. At this time I felt a slight pain in my shoulder. I immediately stopped.

Afterwards I felt a dull pain. Nothing to bad. Then some tingleing. I can move my shoulder without pain but when I stop I do feel a bit of pain on the back of my shoulder.

Does this mean I dislocated it? I'm on vacation and can't get an x ray right now. I feel a slight dull pain but nothing horrific. Is it possible I just tweaked it a bit and don't have to see a doctor to get it back in place?

This is causing me anxiety because things have been going so well and this would feel like a set back.

Fishmanpa
28-02-16, 04:26
Would I know if I dislocated my shoulder?

Yup!

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
28-02-16, 05:01
Absolutely no chance, you would be in agony. It would also swell very badly plus how would you be able to move it without putting it back in the socket? (putting it back in would also hurt a lot, hence why people go on the gas & air when they do it)

lfc65
28-02-16, 07:39
I fell and dislocated my shoulder and broke my wrist last year and you would absolutely know about it. Pain was intense, worse I'd ever had and that includes childbirth!

Tastee
28-02-16, 08:50
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the responses.