PDA

View Full Version : new changes new stress

Mckane07
28-02-16, 09:32
ive suffered with anxiety for years been on and off citalopram since 2006 and have came off them in December 2015. I had to hand my notice in at work in January this year due to them putting added pressures of long hours and no support I did write a grievance but only came back last week saying that I was wrong and they upheld the grievance I feel I was treated badly after having a good record working there nearly 20 years. I have found another job which I am enjoying very much the problem I am having is cant stop thinking about my old job what I could of done different,should I have stayed. keep going over and over in my head before I go to sleep and during the day and makes me feel down. I know it will get better in time as in the past I was worried about dying even though it will come to us all eventually. does anyone have any suggestions for help just trying to keep myself busy at the moment just hope it doesn't manifest itself!!

wantpeace
28-02-16, 14:52
I left a job in a simiar way - filing a grievance against my manager which wasn't upheld. The thing to remember is you did what you thought was right at the time. You cannot change what happened, and all the "what if's" in the world are not going to help you. They'll just make you feel bad about yourself.

Focus on the positive. Focus on the fact that you are now going in to a job you enjoy and you don't have to put up with the crap you had in your last job.

Mckane07
28-02-16, 18:01
yeah I know what you mean even though its been a month still seems painful I know I need to let it go and move forward thanks for the reply!

Kilmer
01-03-16, 01:14
Im currently going through this issue. I worked at the same place for over 6 years but had to leave as the demands of the job for one person were getting ridiculous and I didnt want to trigger off my good old friend anxiety.

So I spent two to three months looking for as suitable a job as possible that wasnt too demanding/stressful. And....three months down the line in the new job my anxiety and panic attacks were triggered due to the excessive demands and lack of support within the job!! I perservered this for another two months which resulted in having to go on betablockers and doubling my SSRI dosage - which had horrible side effects

Luckily out of the blue I was approached about a similar job to my previous one and forced myself to the interview despite being overwhelmed with anxiety and depression as during my struggle with my new job my other half also decided she wanted us to separate! Life can definitely throw you some serious challenges!!!

Though I feel I have failed to some degree as I couldnt beat the anxiety created by the new job and I also feel failure as I had to take extra medication to try and manage my anxiety despite being on and off only 20mg of Citalopram for 12 years

Chocolateface
01-03-16, 02:20
You were in your old job for a long time so it will take time to adjust to a new company, obviously the new company think you are good enough otherwise they would not have taken you on. It seems to me like you have anxiety over doing the new job which is understandable and your new employer should be supporting you to learn it. Try not to dwell on the old job, you left because of how you felt and made the right decision for you.

Good luck in your new job