PDA

View Full Version : Advice/Opinion

senalarose
28-02-16, 09:37
I have GERD but have been off the Proton Pumps Inhibitors for a year now with no issues. Darn hospital gave me xtra strength ibuprofen a week ago and 3 days of hydro-morphine 4mg. Now I have pains above my belly button, sore tongue, thick mucous (pain in stomach above belly button up to the ribs is a constant pain not really a difference when pushed on. Heart feels sore (i think heartburn feeling)
Stools are still normal as is my urine. Will be going to my fam dr on tuesday. Was going to goto the hospital but all they do is push for CT scans (i had a abdominal one last year and it was good, also had a but and stomach cam and was good other than a spastic colon)

Just wondering if this sounds like a reaction to the ibuprofen due to my GERD and if it will pass. Annoying that the medical system told me I could take it and then I get home and see I can't. I am tempted to go back there today and give them a ear full for causing more pains than what I originally was there for.

Has anyone else had this happen to them before with gerd and pain killers?

Gary A
28-02-16, 10:28
You may need something to counteract the Ibuprofen, such as omeprazole or a good over the counter antacid. Ibuprofen is notorious for causing stomach issues if it's taken over lengthy periods, that you already have stomach issues and are on an extra strength dose would suggest to me that it is the ibuprofen that's causing it.

Your doctor may change the treatment or, as I said, prescribe something to counteract it while you're taking it.

senalarose
28-02-16, 22:20
I am taking my tecta again. Decided to start it again.