PDA

View Full Version : Itching

Bakebeansrule
28-02-16, 11:24
Hello me again....

I've had a really good couple of weeks felt back to my usual self no pain and really happy, enjoying like again 😀. Last night my left hand starting itching, I mean really itching no bumps or spots but a deep itch. This morning it's still there on and off but I also itch all over, my ears, feet, sides, stomach and feel sick and have a dodgy stomach.

I didn't take my sertraline yesterday I'm gonna try and slowly cut it down every other day.

Of course I've googled and come up with lots of different horrible reasons for the itching and feeling sick.

Am I looking into this too far? Is it just my mind and body playing tricks on me and I should keep taking the sertraline a bit longer

bulan
31-03-16, 02:19
I've got a lot of itching suddenly too... I hope you get can answer to your questions!

Lisssa
31-03-16, 17:58
Sounds like an allergy but you can always have your liver checked.

Catherine S
31-03-16, 19:24
Hi Bakebeans, I think its more likely to be some sort of allergy, rather than anything sinister. Sometimes in the winter drier skin is more of a problem. Strangely, I've had this intense itching myself for some time, mostly on hands but sometimes also on my toes. I can scratch my hands until they bleed, but then I can also see that skin on them is really dry. There is a condition called contact dermatitis which affects just the hands and feet, so maybe ask the doc about something like this. I'm sure your liver is fine.

ISB x

Bakebeansrule
31-03-16, 20:44
I posted this a few weeks ago and it's sorted itself out so I'm guessing it was just the tail end of a cold or something

Catherine S
31-03-16, 20:57
That's good to know. I suppose having a virus would dehydrate you too, which could result in more dry, irritated skin.

ISB :)