PDA

View Full Version : weird heartbeats?

stressed_out
28-02-16, 15:10
hello, i went to the e.r. over month ago because i thought i was having a heart attack,it was a panic attack. went to a second doctor a week after for a second opinion, at first she said there were some irregular things adding up so she had me do a 2nd blood test, new set of x rays, and more ekgs. she said i had slight murmur but it was fine. she sent me referral to get an echocardiogram and told me to not exercise until i got one but said she was pretty sure it would be normal and gave me a prescription for xanax.

yesterday i woke up with really bad squeezing in the chest area and center of chest pain, i'm scared because i never got the echo (i thought that since that was the 3rd time i went to the doctor for chest pains that going again would make my HA worse as i've read it on here multiple times. i'm also worried that these past months of stressing have damaged me somehow.

anyways i had a strange heart beat feeling earlier, so i felt it with my hand (i've been trying to stop doing this as i've read it's a form of self checking that keeps you in the reassurance seeking loop) and noticed it felt like my heart beat would speed up and get to what felt like a triple beat then slow down almost to where i couldn't feel it only to start back up again. i was trying to calm down from this but got even more worried as i started to get chest pains with it like tight chest mixed with squeezing in the heart and like electric feelings in the left chest area. my arms felt weak and i had pain radiating through my left arm and i felt dizzy or faint and my chest would tighten more in the left area when the triple beat came on and after felt generally woozy. its mostly gone away typing this.

are these just palpitations? i'm trying to be rational about this and think okay the gabas worn off, i was thinking about something stressful before this, my ocd started acting up when i didn't do this thing the right way, i had this exact thing but milder this morning and it went away after i took gaba and calmed myself down but reading these symptoms together on paper is terrifying and i think okay this isn't right. if anyone could help me that would be great

i'm a 23 y/o male and i'm scared because my grandpa, great grandma and uncle all had heart problems but they were all brought on by diabetes and i'm generally otherwise active and healthy and if anyone has tips on how to curb your anxiety during the morning and before bed and magical thinking relating to ocd i would appreciate it like crazy (assuming these symptoms are ok)

i also coughed and it felt like butterfly or something in the middle of my chest with some pain and it felt like five or more beats with that faint feeling so i'm freaking out

right now i'm having no symptoms though other than weak arm feelings. also is an ekg and ecg and echo the same thing? i also had a really stressful day if that helps

please help as its 8am over here in the us and i haven't slept because i'm scared, i also noticed if i get stressed for anxious i get that 'congested feeling' and i feel like i can hear it happening... with a weird chest sensation right in the middle. i also forgot to mention my chest felt really shaky during this and if i breathe out even with mild symptoms it gets shaky and its all awful

stressed_out
29-02-16, 09:56
anyone?

Mozie
02-03-16, 01:22
Sounds to me as your having palpitations and obviously having anxiety only males these worse, I used to be the same a year or so ago feeling likey heart would stop chest pains and God knows what else, all these things got worse I had ekgs heart monitor for 24HRS and everytime everything checked out normal

Those heart beats feel horrible and when it feels as if the heart stops then bang a bug thump and off again, they are just palpitations,

I very rarely feel mine now and when I do its like oh a palpitation, because I know what they are they no longer bother me and no longer get anxious about it at all so try not to let it bother, yes I know it scares the crap out of you it did me till I stopped letting it bother me now I may feel them every now and again if my anxiety is playing up

Hope this helps

stressed_out
05-03-16, 10:44
Sounds to me as your having palpitations and obviously having anxiety only males these worse, I used to be the same a year or so ago feeling likey heart would stop chest pains and God knows what else, all these things got worse I had ekgs heart monitor for 24HRS and everytime everything checked out normal

Those heart beats feel horrible and when it feels as if the heart stops then bang a bug thump and off again, they are just palpitations,

I very rarely feel mine now and when I do its like oh a palpitation, because I know what they are they no longer bother me and no longer get anxious about it at all so try not to let it bother, yes I know it scares the crap out of you it did me till I stopped letting it bother me now I may feel them every now and again if my anxiety is playing up

Hope this helps

thanks for the help, i stopped having them a few days after i read this. i didn't know palpitations could feel different every time. i did exactly what you described... stopped letting them bother me and they went away. anxiety is horrible