PDA

View Full Version : Wasting my life

Hank2011
28-02-16, 20:35
I'm not sure what exactly is the matter with me. I wouldn't say social anxiety, because the only time I get anxiety to be social is before lunch ,and that's only when the one person I talk to at the table isn't there ;especially if that happens on Thursdays and Fridays, because on those two days we go to the gym the last 15 minutes. Basically everyone ignores me when I go (to the gym). All I do is sit on the stage with the people I sit with at lunch and do nothing.(one day it was horrible because the people @ my table where talking to different people (like walking around away from the stage) and I didn't want to barge in acting as though we're really close friends so I just sat on the stage alone.)

But yea lunch is the worst time of the day- everyday. Speaking of the people I sit with at lunch- we used to be really close but some long and complicated things happen between us so now they got new friends and I only have one person I talk to at lunch, and when she's not there: it's agony. I have about 3 friends at school & outside of school. I only hang out with one outside of school and we have been friends for my whole life- before I got seriously shy.
I wasn't like this for my whole life. If I was I wouldn't mind it, but I'm an extreme extrovert. It's honestly complicated why i am in my social position I am in. I feel like the problems are too petty for a therapist and I've tried bring this up to my mom but she just brushed it off. Not to mention it takes a shit load of courage to ever bring it up to some one. I hate it so much. I'm missing out on my life and it's making me so sad. I never hang out with my friends ( that one girl I said (the one I've known forever) she's super stubborn to hangout, so when I say "hang out" I mean like every few months) but my brother and sister do all the time so it's really furthering my embarrassment hanging out with my parents all the time. I can't carry a normal conversation- I'm too awkward and I don't know what to say- it's like my mind goes blank. The only time I'm okay with talking to people is when I talk about the work we have to do. Like give people the page numbers for a book or something. Yea so I don't know what to do and I'm begging for advice.

Oosh
29-02-16, 11:07
What makes you think you are "an extreme extrovert" ?

Are you just reaching your teenage years ? If you are, that can be when everybody becomes a lot more socially aware. You begin to notice what you are or what you're not etc

Going by the small circle of relationships you have I'd have said you were maybe more introverted. Do you find you can be yourself more with that small group of people you trust but not with the others at dinner/gym etc ?

Hank2011
09-03-16, 02:44
Sorry for taking forever to respond but thanks for the response :)

I have no idea why I put "extreme" I was exaggerating there. But I do believe I'm an extrovert. Before my whole "shyness" kicked in I was super social and loved talking to people, and I still do just its so hard for me now.
The teenage years thing you mention is really true for me because it all started around 6th grade, and only changed a little since then but I have notice how my brother and sister go out all the time. My small friend group I barely hangout with never talk to me anyway, which is so painful, because i sit with them and like I said- they barely talk to me.