PDA

View Full Version : Help your anxiety

Mozie
29-02-16, 00:48
Hiya

I'm just posting this as I feel it maybe help for alot if sufferes of all types of anxiety sufferes even depression depersilisation and many more anxiety problems,

I've just finished reading two excellent books by a person who has actually beaten anxiety himself he's suffered for Iver ten years amd now he's beaten it by doing in his own words nothing yes nothing, by this he means not letting your thoughts have any effect on your anxiousness yes think those thoughts let them in but don't react to them and they will just drift away the more you think about it the more it feeds the anxiety worry etc all the same,the more you think about your worrys the more you feed the anxiety, let those thoughts come don't let them bother you don't give them the attention.

Alot of what u read in both books is true once you've read them you'll see what he says is true, thoughts are just thoughts did your thoughts at anytime ever do you any harm no because they are just thoughts, same as social anxiety problems we get anxious about going to certain places this is want the anxiety wants you to do stop going to these places but that's the worse thing you can do, go to the place yes it maybe hard but it won't hurt you it's the anxiety that's making you think or feel that way,

In his own words the best way to deal with anxiety is to do nothing, this doesn't mean it literally in the sense do nothing it means do nothing to feed the anxiety as in worry about things more as your just fueling the fire,

I wish I'd have read these books alittle earlier then now has I can relate to a lot of it now with what he says as I've done it in the past,if I'd have known about this approach I would no be were i am today which is struggling alittle but now I know what to do I'm going to do my best to get through this using his words, it's.not something you have to follow or work at like therapy or other techniques it's a completely natural and if you do read these books you'll see what mean..

Now I have no dealings with this person neither do I know him or get anything out of telling you about these books all I'm doing us trying to help out as everything he says us right, the good thing is its all written by someone who has actually been there done that not some therapist who's only read about anxiety and learnt off other doctors etc he's been there and got through it and now lives his life to help..

The persons name is Paul David and the books are at last an end

His latest book is at last an end and beyond

Like I say there very good reading and they way he describes his own battle with anxiety and other problems you will probably be able to say mmm I've done that I've been there or I know that feeling, it certainly opened my eyes and could relate to everything he says and has experienced.

Like I said I'm only posting this as you maybe get the help and understanding I've just got from reading them

Kilmer
01-03-16, 01:30
Ive read Pauls first book and it explains in great detail our horrible struggle with anxiety and its symptoms. I highly recommend the book as Paul has went through some serious self help and research on the plight of anxiety to beat it and help others beat it.

Although I found that trying the ignore the negative thoughts/symptoms, do nothing or as Claire Weekes wrote float through the anxiety/panic - my anxiety would constantly find another avenue or reshape the negative/ anxious thoughts constantly to distress me further. Its like you are fighting an evil version of yourself that knows all your fears and weaknesses and how to exploit them against you to keep you anxious.