PDA

View Full Version : Skin Cancer?!

ThePerfctSky
29-02-16, 16:03
Hey guys long time no see as i am doing so well with my CBT at the moment but i am having a bit of a fall back Today.

I noticed this lesion near my elbow a week or so ago, its a tinyyy bit sore to touch but not itchy at all and feels a little dry and flaky. Its about the size of a pencil eraser looks like a cigarette burn it and is flat but wont go away which I have read is a sign of skin cancer! Im having a little panic at the moment does anyone else get these at all? Does it look worrysome?

I cant go to the Doctor because my therapist has told me to stay away as it causes more anxiety in the long run and doesnt help so thats not an option unfortunately.

It looks a bit worrying to me.

I must also add that I havent scraped it or burnt it that I know of an I am 23 years old and dont use sun beds or stay in the sun at all.

Jamesk
29-02-16, 16:17
Get it checked if you would like the peace of mind. However, you elbows aren't in a place where theya re exposed to a lot of sunlight, but they are in a place where they are exposed to friction when you lean them on a desk or something so my guess is some hard/sore skin where you lean on them.

ThePerfctSky
29-02-16, 16:23
Get it checked if you would like the peace of mind. However, you elbows aren't in a place where theya re exposed to a lot of sunlight, but they are in a place where they are exposed to friction when you lean them on a desk or something so my guess is some hard/sore skin where you lean on them.

It probably is yes! Im just having a small panic thank you :)