PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats

nigela
29-02-16, 17:07
Since discovering lymph nodes in groin which were tender then had scan to confirm. Now getting shocking night sweats-dripping in fact. Did have few lesser night sweats couple years ago when periods stopped due to meno-feels strange that they have come back with a vengeance and is now making me worry about connection with tender lymph nodes adding to my panic. Still awaiting to see GP-in 2 more weeks time. Could it be the worry making the night sweats?

Lifelonganxiety!
29-02-16, 18:11
Could be a lot of things. I get night sweats a lot if I wear too much to bed or the room is too warm. You might be fighting a little virus maybe. Stress and anxiety can also cause the body to go into overdrive which produces more heat and thus the sweats.

Your GP should be able to put your mind at ease when you see them!

Toots24
29-02-16, 18:21
Hey,

I have the same issue, my lymph nodes seem to be swollen all the time and I get horrific night sweats to the point that my pj's, sheets and my hair are all wet.

I think I've had it for a long time some nights it's bad and sometimes i don't have it at all I've mentioned it to the doctor before and he never seems concerned, night sweats are a part of anxiety as well so it could be that. I think I'm generally quite a sweaty person so with me it's probably a combination of that and being anxious

nigela
01-03-16, 10:47
I read they can be a symptom of lymphoma so that set me off worrying.

nigela
01-03-16, 18:31
Now told I need a biopsy

Fishmanpa
01-03-16, 18:43
Now told I need a biopsy

Uggghh... biopsy eh? Sending lots of positive thoughts and mojo that all will be well! Let us know!

Positive thoughts

mgw
01-03-16, 19:39
Hey,

Just wanted to say I get swollen lymph nodes when I'm stressed. Also get the night sweats too. I remember when I was going through some bad anxiety I would wake up nightly covered in sweat and have the painful lymph nodes, for me, especially under my armpits! I'm on sert now and a lot better but still occasionally this happens to me.

Positive thoughts with you xx