PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack (again!) :(

MayaH
29-02-16, 22:48
Today I had another panic attack on a train (the tube). I'd been feeling really anxious all day at work and had to leave the room for five minutes to calm down as I was scared I'd have an attack in the office (I didn't, I calmed down in the bathroom then went back in!).

I was on the train later and it stopped because it was delayed. Usually this wouldn't freak me out that much (a little because of the panic attacks but not badly) but in the state I was in already it really badly got to me. I had an attack for about ten minutes where my chest got tight, I felt like I couldn't breathe (I controlled it because I was in front of other people), I felt as though I was in immediate danger and wanted to get out (I get this symptom when I have them normally but usually as a lack of control and never that intensely) I became incredibly close to crying (again didn't because I was with others with no escape route!) and the detachment was so bad that I felt completely disembodied - I didn't even remember what had happened, even now hours later I only remember bits of it.

Afterwards I felt really weak and still slightly disorientated :(. Damn, panic attacks suck! I'm taking my medication (propranolol) properly finally every day without fail (I was taking them intermittently before because I was reluctant to take medication) and I'm fully engaging in psychological therapy. I just wonder whether I'll ever get completely better or if they'll just continue to happen :(.